X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you using to release the gate?

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTealHunter View Post
      This is awesome, can you send price points and a how to build would be fun project I just have no idea where to start hahha.
      Yes sir. I will try to get a list together. The only challenging part is the wiring of the actual trigger device itself. I had an electrician help me out with that. I think on the door you could possibly build a wooden gate instead of fabbing the aluminum one. Then add a weight to it to prevent a hog from trying to pick it up. If I could change anything, it would be to make the door opening bigger. I think it would help make them less nervous about going in.

Comment

Caught my first sounder. I know at least 2 escaped prior to me dropping the gate. But I was not going to lose out on the other 22 so I dropped it. The one in the back was massive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s a load there.

Congrats and nice trap.

Rwc

Comment

***** nice work!

Comment

That’s a cool setup. Following for build details

Comment

Originally posted by Greylight318 View Post
                Yes sir. I will try to get a list together. The only challenging part is the wiring of the actual trigger device itself. I had an electrician help me out with that. I think on the door you could possibly build a wooden gate instead of fabbing the aluminum one. Then add a weight to it to prevent a hog from trying to pick it up. If I could change anything, it would be to make the door opening bigger. I think it would help make them less nervous about going in.

A complete list and instructions would be great. I need 2-3 of these!!

[emoji1531]

Comment

I would like to see it and get some specs from you, ever need help in Grayson County let me know.

Comment

Well done!

Comment

Great job!

I would also like to see the materials list and instructions.

Comment

That is fantastic! I'd also like to see a build list.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Very impressive.

Comment

I will work on a build list this weekend. I use a gear motor for the trigger. When I give it power, it rotates out from under a bolt I have on the gate. I can't remember where I got it from. I will take a look at it this weekend and snap a couple of pics. It is probably not the best triggering device, but it works. At first, I was using an engine starter with a little rod that was under a roller that was bolted to the gate. This worked well, but when the wind blew hard it would cause the gate to fall. The new trigger does not fall from the wind, but the tradeoff is a slight delay in the gate drop as the gear rotates. Someone could probably come up with a better trap door, maybe just a hinged door with a spring or something. But mine works well enough for me

Comment

Here’s a nice sized boar I killed a couple weeks ago. This was just riding around. I killed 2 that day about this same size

I’ve killed 31 hogs this year. I hope to catch the other sounder I have on camera in the trap soon. I counted around 24-26 hogs (post 10). Seems that they were in the trap this morning around 3 AM but i wasn’t awake to trigger the trap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by Greylight318; 06-10-2020, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Man that is awesome love the trap

Comment

Working...
                                X