No announcement yet.

Disappointed by Pappa's Bro's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The wife and I don’t do steakhouses anymore. I can’t find one that makes a steak better than what we can do on the cast iron at home. The few steaks I’ve had in my life better than ours are from places way too expensive for us to justify going to again.

We started diving into the whole “foodie” thing 4 or 5 years ago, and now almost never eat out. Every time we did eat out something was cooked poorly, flavors sucked, or silverware/dishes came to the table dirty. We have about 25-30 recipes we rotate through at home that beat anything we used to eat out.

I even cooked my own birthday dinner this year. The wife made my cake in the middle of the rolling blackouts as well. I don’t know how she got it done with the power going in and out. She had to assemble it in the dark right before dinner. Of course the lights came on just in for us to eat it... but not for cooking it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Never had a bad dinner there. It is best to speak up when you get your dinner if there is an issue. If you don't get results, you can always deny payment on your credit card.

Comment

Originally posted by crowmagnum View Post
        First world problems Boo Hoo!��
        No doubt!

Alot of people can't even take their mom out to dinner.

Be happy

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
          Wow, we have never been disappointed there. I am sure if you share this thread with Mr. Chris Pappas and his team it will not be taken lightly. He is quite the gentleman and I consider him a friend of ours. Congratulations on the anniversary![emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
          Harris pappas was my father’s roommate at T A&M , as land rover
          Said send Chris or the manager a note and I am sure they will be able to address any issues with your meal!

As said we have never had a bad meal @ the steak house
          And the pappas family was very gracious to my family when my uncle died during the Covid-19 shut down and helped us with his wake @ the steak house

Comment

If you ever get out East towards Wills Point or Canton check out 4 Winds. Never disappoints!
            You will need a reservation so plan as much ahead as possible , however we got in last night and made reservations on Monday.
            Happy Anniversary!

Comment

congrats to you guys, sorry about dinner, that place has always been great.

they owned a pizza place in addison years ago, Pappas Pizza, and had the best pepperoni rolls and a frozen jack and coke called a jack frost that was awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by crowmagnum View Post
                First world problems Boo Hoo!��
                haha

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                  No doubt!

Alot of people can't even take their mom out to dinner.

Be happy
                  Not sure what that has to do with anything. I lost my mom a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                    Had this conversation with a guy in the food service industry just this past Sunday. Due to the increase in take out dinning restaurants are seeing their cost go up astronomically. Combine that with the increased wages that are being demanded by employees in this stimulus driven economy, a general lack of qualified candidates to hire, and we have the makings of a disaster. Restaurants are beginning to order lesser quality foods in-order to reduce costs any way they can.
                    How is take out dining making cost to up? People pick up their own food, seat themselves. People wait on themselves, the clean their own tables at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Smithwr View Post
                      How is take out dining making cost to up? People pick up their own food, seat themselves. People wait on themselves, the clean their own tables at home.

Order a lb of fajitas to go.
                      See how many to go containers are used.
                      They never come back. They aren't as cheap as you would think.

In restaurants the markup on food isn't as high as you would think.
                      Restaurants make the highest profit margins on booze.

Tough time to be in the restaurant biz these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Smithwr View Post
                        Togo packaging is expensive and there have been major shortages but the big reason to go is more costly to the restaurant is no beverage sales with most to go orders....beverage sales are a huge part of the bottom line as mentioned by JHT.

Comment

Just a follow up. PB called me today and graciously offered to send me a gift card.

Whatever the reason I guess we just caught them on an off night.

Comment

2x 4winds.

Comment

Working...
                            X