No announcement yet.

Disappointed by Pappa's Bro's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had a bad experience at papadeaux the other day. It wasn't just us, we spoke to 2 other tables about it.

I sent an email but who knows If it will see the right people

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bdubb View Post
      Congrats on the occasion.

Pappas is the only place I haven’t been let down. Hope that doesn’t change. A recent anniversary dinner that was way overpriced made my wife and I have the same conversation about just going to Pappas Bros instead now and eating out less frequently. Seems the past two months just about every meal out has been disappointing.
      My experience as well.
      We had a waitress come over and offer to hold some friends fussy baby while we ate.
      She did so graciously without any prompt.
      Never had bad service, and never had bad food there.
      1st time for everything I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        We had a bad experience at papadeaux the other day. It wasn't just us, we spoke to 2 other tables about it.

I sent an email but who knows If it will see the right people

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
        PB is to be held to higher standard than Deaux.

Comment

First off, congrats on the anniversary.

As for Papa Bros, it's definitely disappointing to hear about the negative experience. I have never been let down there before, but I have had not so great experiences at a couple other high-end places. Sometimes, a place has an off night...even the great places. Regardless, it's a tough pill to swallow given the premium prices and for a place like that, it's often a special occasion.

I would get online and send them a message regarding your experience. Most of these places maintain a feedback area on their website and I can tell you, the white table cloth places typically take your comments seriously. It's not unusual at all to receive a phone call back from a Manager and/or a gift card or two in the mail.

Comment

Man I've had nothing but great experiences there. Sorry to hear.

Comment

They usually do a great job but times are definitely more challenging. I run a restaurant and I would always recommend talking to a mgr while you are there so they can try and recover and make it a good experience. If you don’t want to do that then try calling and asking for the GM the next day but avoid calling during lunch or dinner. Last would be send an email or call corporate. Emails and phone calls are usually handled by a guest relations team and they don’t always have the care and concern a GM should have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                My wife is the type to never rock the boat so I kept my mouth shut for her sake.
                We are exactly the same way as your wife. But reaching out afterwards usually worth the trouble when done tactfully and with full transparency. As noted by another TBH poster, "white table cloth" operators are MUCH different when it comes to handling issues.

Comment

First world problems Boo Hoo!��

Comment

Originally posted by crowmagnum View Post
                    Without a doubt

Comment

Sorry for your loss.

Comment

Bobs is my go to steak house in dfw. Never had a bad steak there

Congrats on the anniversary!

Comment

Originally posted by crowmagnum View Post
                          True

Comment

This is exactly why I don’t eat out. Better and cheaper at home. Plus I don’t have some 20yo with an attitude that expects me to leave him 20 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
                              This is exactly why I don’t eat out. Better and cheaper at home. Plus I don’t have some 20yo with an attitude that expects me to leave him 20 bucks.
                              I’m right there with you but this was our 30th anniversary dinner. Went for the experience as much as the food.

Comment

Happy Anniversary!!

Comment

Working...
                                X