garbage truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

garbage truck

someone was watching over him. [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xqvKgtg9a0"]Garbage Truck Bursts Into Flames - YouTube[/ame]

Good situational awareness on the driver's part---not a second lost evacuating the truck.

Comment

Hydraulic in a mist form ignites, not so much in full liquid form. That’s one thing that worries me sometimes working on wind turbines.

Comment

Who was filming and just coincidentally happened to catch the truck catching on fire at the right moment? Hmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
          Who was filming and just coincidentally happened to catch the truck catching on fire at the right moment? Hmmm.
          This seemed odd to me as well !

Comment

home security cameras maybe?

Comment

lol I was gonna ask why people are randomly filming their trash pickup.

Comment

Saw the a few days ago and had the same question.
                No way that was home security camera
                But regardless it will make a good training tool.

Comment

Didn’t take him long to unass that truck, probably the quickest he moved that week !

We had a scraper blow the main hydraulic line and of course the muffler was right there. It made a hellava fire, especially when the tires caught.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                    Didn’t take him long to unass that truck, probably the quickest he moved that week !

We had a scraper blow the main hydraulic line and of course the muffler was right there. It made a hellava fire, especially when the tires caught.
                    I had an excavator spring a hydraulic leak and burst into flames on the I-45 service road in the Woodlands. Operator was about 400lbs and he says he can't even remember climbing out, but he was sure he'd never moved as fast. On a side note, the VERY FIRST PERSON to stop at the scene was an OSHA inspector that just happened to be driving by at the time. Poor timing.

Comment

I was just about to ask why was someone standing there filming the truck, and then this happens. I am guessing they were filming a commercial for Waste Management and it just happened to spring a hydraulic leak while they were filming. I doubt Waste Management would burn one of their trucks in some neighbor hood, just to film it.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                        I had an excavator spring a hydraulic leak and burst into flames on the I-45 service road in the Woodlands. Operator was about 400lbs and he says he can't even remember climbing out, but he was sure he'd never moved as fast. On a side note, the VERY FIRST PERSON to stop at the scene was an OSHA inspector that just happened to be driving by at the time. Poor timing.
                        How does that happen? Talk about bad timing. Good thing your guy got out without getting hurt. Had he gotten stuck in the cab and got burnt to any degree, you can bet they would be dumping the fines on you.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                          I was just about to ask why was someone standing there filming the truck, and then this happens. I am guessing they were filming a commercial for Waste Management and it just happened to spring a hydraulic leak while they were filming. I doubt Waste Management would burn one of their trucks in some neighbor hood, just to film it.
                          If my memory is correct, the guy filming it is REALLY into garbage and recycling trucks. That’s what he regularly films for his YT channel. Some guys like women and some like plains, trains and automobiles.

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6lutNECOZFw"]Excited train guy, New York! - YouTube[/ame]
                          Last edited by Katsaregood; 04-24-2021, 10:09 PM.

Comment

That’s scary, had an excavator do the same thing and it sprayed the cab and lit up in the blink of the eye and burned it to the ground. Hydraulic leaks can be freaky scary, I popped one on a skid steer last weekend but it sprayed away from the machine and thank god didn’t hit anything hot to ignite. We’ve lost several machines over the years to lines popping,

Comment

garbage truck

I’ve got good camera’s at my house but we are a little too far from the road to get good detail from the road.

I wish the guys who ran my trash that morning would have caught on fire.

If you run trash and leave this in the road, you deserve an *** whooping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              Last edited by Black Ice; 04-25-2021, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X