No announcement yet.

Kubota vs Bad boy Zero Turn mower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a Kubota for years, sold it when I moved. Heavy and strong, ran great. Got stuck on damp spots on a hill, but they probably all will. Grease zerts were hard to access. Solid unit, current owner still rolling with it.

Comment

I have 2 Kubota mowers, a ZD 331, 4 years old & a ZG 227, 13 years old. Never a single repair with either machine. I mowed the neighbors place last year while he was gone with his Skag Tiger Cat and I felt cramped on that mower compared to the Kubotas.

Comment

Bad boy is junk

Comment

I have gotten 9 trouble free years out of my Kubota ZG227-54 and that’s with geo teenage boys on it. It mows about 4 acres weekly during the growing season.

I do miss the flexible front suspension of my previous mower but some Kubota models do have that.

Comment

I have a 5yr old kubota z121s (I think). Have had zero issues, dealership calls me when it’s time for service. Bought a Gravely today because I like the dealer and he says it’s the best he sells.

Comment

I was dead set on another bad boy after 10 good years on one......until I laid eyes on this machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pic of the gravely I bought today, will never be this shiny again[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just bought my second Kubota. Had the first one for 8 years. Bought a new one to go bigger. First one is now my neighbors and it runs like the first day we bought it.
                  Last edited by swanjts; 04-20-2021, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Not that this will affect your decision, but I use my riding mower to spray and put out fertilizer because I have a 3/4 acre backyard. When the rider finally dies, I really want a zero turn but I find myself looking at ones that can pull the sprayer too. Bad Boy doesn't have a receiver plate to hook up my sprayer.

Comment

I pull my spreader with 150 lbs of fertilizer with my Kubota with no problem

Comment

Kubota for the win!!��

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
                          Not that this will affect your decision, but I use my riding mower to spray and put out fertilizer because I have a 3/4 acre backyard. When the rider finally dies, I really want a zero turn but I find myself looking at ones that can pull the sprayer too. Bad Boy doesn't have a receiver plate to hook up my sprayer.
                          I looked at the receiver plate the Bad Boy dealer tried to sell me for my Magnum. Went home and welded some plate up, drilled a hole and saved myself $50. Used the bolt hole pattern on the rear to mount.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys! Looks like the Kubota is winning.

Comment

The hydrostats on a Zero turn are plenty strong enough to pull yard stuff around chain harrows etc.

I use to use mine to pull cars and trucks around a buddys shop when i mowed it.

Ive got 2 bad boys and they are bullet proof and easy to work on. Go with the higher end versions the Hyd motor CC flow is double what the TSC models are.

Spartan is a great mower as well. Also you can buy aftermarket parts all over amazon etc for the bad boys.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoneman1 View Post
                                Thanks for the replies guys! Looks like the Kubota is winning.

Drive a grasshopper. There is no comparison. Thank me later.

Comment

Working...
                                X