No announcement yet.

What fixed blade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iron will wide and solid 100 gr, 520 ish total. Also have some Simmons and 200 gr masai that puts me 620ish

Comment

I shot the Magnus Black Hornets last year. Im thinking of trying that new Afflictor K2 fixed next year.

Comment

Slick Trick Viper Tricks 125 grain
        Total arrow weight is 522

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
          125 Gr Ramcats. I switched about 6 years ago and have had zero reasons to try anything else. Accurate as filed points, pass through every time, and a dead animal at the end of the trail.

This!! But I shoot 100’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Zwickey eskimo 2 blade .

Comment

I have been using muzzy 100.gr and 125 for awhile, never trusted a mechanical

Comment

Slick Trick Viper tricks
                VPA Three blades

Comment

Slick Tricks or RamCats. I really like the RC but they are a little of a pain to get out of my quiver, really tight fit.

Comment

QAD Exodus. Fly like field points better than any other I've used.

I still use mechanicals too - Rage and Shwacker. Typically keep one in my quiver at all times for long shots with wind.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

For me, QAD Exodus 100gr., 537gr. TAW. (Easton Hexx 260 shaft at 30", 125gr. Ethics insert/outsert, Nockturnal) Can't make myself try something else when these are performing phenomenally. There are numerous great heads out there and almost all will do the job. QAD, Muzzy, G5, Magnus, Slick Trick, Grim Reaper, etc... I think the main things when choosing a broadhead are:

1. Proper arrow flight
                      2. SHARP SHARP SHARP

Outside of those things, you will be fine. I would put down that they need to be well built, but most fixed blade broadheads of a reputable brand will hold up to most of the abuse we could put them through. Choose a head that flies well out of your set up and that is/can become crazy sharp.

Comment

Zwickey Eskimo 2 blade.

Comment

Slick Trick Magnum125 gr. I feel these broad heads are just as accurate as my field points or it could be that my bow is just properly tuned.

Total arrow weight around 420grs at 291 FPS. I keep thinking I need to go heavier, around 480-500 grains but so far its worked for me and I may just be splitting hairs. My thought process is if it aint broke, dont fix it.
                          Last edited by piercebronkite; 03-29-2021, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Muzzy's since 1987. For me 100 gr. in MX-3 or MX-4

Comment

I recently went to the Iron Will broadhead and have been very pleased. Running the 125S.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                                This!! But I shoot 100’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                                Same here! I made the switch 3 years ago coming from mechanicals. I have had nothing but excellent results and killed a pile of deer and pigs with them. They are a pain in the ***** in a tight quiver.

Comment

Working...
                                X