No announcement yet.

Castell General Store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do a bicycle gravel race there every year.

Comment

A buddy of mine and myself road our Harley’s down there a couple of years ago. That owner is a character. Lol. Kept us laughing for hours. I have his business card in my truck, Home of the giant cock.

Comment

Originally posted by Berretta Man View Post
        A buddy of mine and myself road our Harley’s down there a couple of years ago. That owner is a character. Lol. Kept us laughing for hours. I have his business card in my truck, Home of the giant cock.
        I went to school in Llano with his sons. Mr. Leifeste always been a character.

Comment

Frequent it often. My lease is only 8.5 miles west of it.

Comment

If I am ever up there I will give it a try.

Comment

How does my post get deleted for naming a public festival (and dang good time)?
              lol
              Maybe somebody's feelings got hurt.

Comment

My brother in law's deer lease is about 5 miles from there as well. They have a few beers there every trip.

Comment

Love the general store and Joe’s Bar in Llano. And I’m from Austin. Well, Bee Cave. :-)

Comment

I have hunted out that way for seven years and have never been by there. I really need to give that place a try.

Comment

The burgers are good. The BBQ can be good too, but Ive also had it on an off day as well. Need to try the steaks though.

Comment

Tommy's Pizza in Llano is really good too. Cooked in a mesquite fired oven.

Comment

That place was featured kinda in Texas Monthly in a article about "gravel grinding" (riding road bikes on gravel back roads)...sounds like a nice outta the way stop.

Comment

Only had the burger. But I'd do it all over again

Comment

My place is about 10 miles from there. Was there last weekend.

Comment

Back in the 90s, before the cell phone, we’d go there every night to call our wives on the pay phone! We hunted just up 29 from the county road to Castell.
                                Last edited by Stonecold69; 10-02-2020, 01:12 AM. Reason: Left out some info

Comment

Working...
                                X