X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got ours earlier this week, printed them out yesterday

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Haven’t gotten ours yet and ranch managed implied we may not have them in time for opening day and would have to shoot off of regular tags?

Comment

I turned my surveys/management in about 3 weeks ago, biologist issued my tags 3 days later & I printed them out. I'm guessing a lot depends on your county biologist. Ours is on top of it every year.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cj_sandman View Post
          Haven’t gotten ours yet and ranch managed implied we may not have them in time for opening day and would have to shoot off of regular tags?
          That would be illegal. If your ranch is MLD you can’t use tags off your license.

Comment

Looks like someone might have a visit from Mr. Green Jeans

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
              That would be illegal. If your ranch is MLD you can’t use tags off your license.
              This is correct!

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                We have always been told if they are not there in time to use our tags. I do agree that it is illegal to use your tags on mld, but there is potential to have a loophole where if you don’t have mld tags yet then it’s ok to use your tags. I don’t know we have never not had ours.

Comment

I checked Online this past Sunday and No permits were there. Monday I got an email telling me they were there. Logged in and printed them off. If yours are not there, call your State Biologist and find out what is going on.

Comment

I received mine a couple weeks ago. Probably took 1-2 weeks after I sent in all my surveys. My biologist always told me that if he is swamped and can't get everything pushed through in time that he would at lease issue me a partial amount so we could start hunting.

Comment

Our biologist gave us a deadline as well. As long as you meet the deadline you have them pretty quick. We go online and print our own tags off also.
                      I would have the land owner or ranch manager make a call to the biologist. I would bet the delay may be the land/ranch managers issue instead of the biologist.... jmo....

Comment

State Bio signs off on them. then they are there to print. I would be making a call. It is super fast.

Comment

Yes - call your TPWD biologist. They just have to input the tag request and send you an email. If your waiting - then something is amiss...

Comment

We've had our tags for 40+ days already. Either your landowner is fudging OR someone didn't complete all the epaperwork in time.

Comment

The deer count surveys all say to do them late August. So if people follow the rules they won't turn the data in to the biologist until early Sept. Then they have to wait for biologist to review and issue tags... And I'm sure they are busy.

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
                                I thought they changed the system a few years ago to where the landowner can log in and print out their own tags......am I right on that?
                                this is what we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X