Best stocks to buy right now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ck40711 View Post
    I bought some AAL, as well as Carnival Cruise Lines (CCL) today. They are at a 70% discount from a year ago, and though times are rough I think they will bounce back.
    I bought some more RCL today. I've been watching it the last month and moving my purchase price down as the stock market contracted, but then this morning I got busy and took my eye off it for a little while. I ended up buying at the price point I had initially been wanting to, but if I'd had a chance I would have bought it for at least a $1.50/share less. Oh well. I was content a month ago to buy it where I ended up getting it so I guess I can't complain too much.

I'm confident they'll be back. People aren't just going to quit going on cruises.

Comment

Well I feel kind of smart after today. LOL I had bought RCL with a cost basis of $33.50 then cashed it all in today at $53.50. I made a nice little profit so now I'm going to take all the principle and profit and wait (and hope) for a down-turn, then buy it back. Hopefully it'll get somewhere around $40/share and I will wind up with almost double the number of shares I had before. That's the plan anyway.

Comment

Wish I would have bought Zoom stock back in February lol. $86ish to $160 today

Comment

How bad will Second quarter numbers destroy the inflated growth right now? At some point these companies hemorrhaging money yet their stocks are soaring are going to get caught right?

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
            Wish I would have bought Zoom stock back in February lol. $86ish to $160 today
            I wish i hadnt of sold. Had 20% profits and panicked when all this happened and sold. Would have doubled my money. Did the same **** thing with shopify..... I did hold into TWLO and that has treated me well, I'm at 50% profits.

Comment

Originally posted by scott123456789 View Post
              How bad will Second quarter numbers destroy the inflated growth right now? At some point these companies hemorrhaging money yet their stocks are soaring are going to get caught right?
              I don't see how they can't. That's why I sold RCL when I did. They're making $0 right now so there's no reason the price should be marching up like it has been.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                I don't see how they can't. That's why I sold RCL when I did. They're making $0 right now so there's no reason the price should be marching up like it has been.
                Stocks are priced off of a multiple of future earnings.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                  Stocks are priced off of a multiple of future earnings.
                  Yes but when their second-quarter earnings are zero people are going to act like they never saw it coming and that the company's about to fold or something. Then they'll sell. It's stupid but it seems to happen every single time. I'm just hoping that it happens again.

Comment

ECL hit an all time high today at $212...sure wish I would have bought more when it was down to $125 back in March! Apparently selling hand sanitizers and sterilization products is a good business to be in during a pandemic[emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wait a week or so and keep an eye on crestwood equity. If it drops to $10 or lower again I’d buy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have made a good chunk off of RCL since I got it at $24.04. Also bought Draftkings DKNG at $28.99.

Looking for AMD to go below $50 and Tesla to go below $800. Missed that one today.

Comment

Nabors drilling is up 164% from where I bought it. Hope it keeps going.

Comment

Anybody have any EFT's that they're invested in and/or would recommend? I've been investing in ITOT, which is indexed against the S&P, but it just doesn't seem to move a whole lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                              Anybody have any EFT's that they're invested in and/or would recommend? I've been investing in ITOT, which is indexed against the S&P, but it just doesn't seem to move a whole lot.
                              Vanguard has some good ETF funds for many sectors. VTI.....VDE ( Energy so this one could be more volatile ) VOO, etc. They have a long list. I would reach out to one of the guys here that does this for a living.

Comment

Working...
                              X