• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine likes 117grain Hornady SST’s.

Comment

I shoot 100gr Barnes Vortex tipped TSX BT in my Rem 700 Sendero

Comment

Both of my 25-06 shoot the hornady American whitetail 117’s just fine. So that’s what I’ve used. No issues thus far.

But I’ve started to reload and one will be getting 115 partitions and the other 100 grain Nosler ballistic tips.

Comment

Don't overthink this. Find the hunting bullet that you want to use that your rifle shoots most accurately and call it good. If you hand load and want to maximize velocity look at the faster burn rate powders.

Comment

I’ve been loading 100 gr. Sierra BT spitzers for nearly 40 years and my Winchester mod 70 loves them. Killed everything from varmints to mule deer with them. Can’t make myself want to do anything different.

Comment

115 nosler ballitic tips

Comment

My TC Encore likes the 117 grain Hornady American Whitetail you mentioned. The suggestions of going out and getting a few boxes of different types of ammo make sense - but not always easy to come by - or cheap.

Comment

Are you going to reload? That will be your better option.

If not, try 75 grn., 100, and some 120, if you can find them. You'll soon know what weight it likes. After that, go with that weight and the best bullet/ammo you can find with that combination.
                  My Ruger No. 1 preferred heavier bullets (120 grn.)

Good luck!

Comment

ive hunted with a 25/06 as my primary deer rifle for 30ish years and always shot 100gr. Mostly speer game kings. Out to 2-300 yards i dont think ive ever had a deer go more than 20yds

Comment

I have shot 120 grain Remington Core Locked for over thirty five years out of of my Smith and Wesson 22 inch barrel. It shoots flat and groups tight for me. Never tried 100s because if it's not broken, I don't fix it. I have found ammo on line without a problem-now have seven boxes. See what your rifle shoots best.

Comment

I run the plain Jane 120 gr. Hornady HP interlock in mine, they fly great over 52 grains of RL-22.

[emoji1662]

Comment

Mine likes the 117g interlocks from Hornady.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Try a few different weights/manufacturers to see what the gun likes to eat. If your a reloader the options are endless! I reload for 5 - 25-06’s and all of them like 117 gr Hornady BTSP’s with IMR 4350. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
                              25-06 = .257 diameter projectile

6.5cm = .264 diameter projectile

Not the same
                              Okay. Got it now.
                              25-06 spits .257 diameter which equals 6.5 mm diameter projectile.

6.5 CM shoots a 6.72mm diameter projectile.

Now the mass difference makes sense.

Thanks MrBloodtrail.

Comment

You guys that are recommending heavier grain bullets, say 117 - 120 and up, are y'all shooting these out of 24" barrels, or 22" like my rifle?

Understanding I need to try a few different types of ammo, I want to make sure we're not talking too much difference in terms of barrel length and twists.

And thanks everyone for the information and insight. I appreciate it greatly.

Comment

Working...
                                X