Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That had to be a fun shoot!

Comment

The only video I remembered to record! I was the far left shooter, so I didn’t swing right when they ran to the right. A handful more were downed on the right.

Comment

Originally posted by 32drawlength View Post
        That had to be a fun shoot!
        It was definitely a good time. A little slower than we’re used to this time of year, but that made it easier to enjoy and joke around. We get pretty serious when they’re hitting the wheat hard.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
          Far from our best showing, but a buddy had one of his helpers drag and stack them for us after we killed them.

[ATTACH]1049559[/ATTACH]

That’s a pretty decent nights work right there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by MUZZYSLINGR View Post
            That’s a pretty decent nights work right there.

It beats sitting on the couch any night!

Comment

That is a good nights work. For sure they are in the wheat over here. Crossing over into the peanuts too, we are hunting both types of crops. Luckily not getting too much peanut damage so far this year on my son and BIL's places. They rotated fields around and we hit them hard leading up to planting season. Damage on peanuts has not been anything like it was last year. Yet.

Comment

https://youtu.be/0N8EBk0vfkA

The only video I remembered to record! I was the far left shooter, so I didn’t swing right when they ran to the right. A handful more were downed on the right.
                I have been guilty of not only forgetting to hit the record button but also forgetting to stop the recording before I turn the scope off. I know if you didnt stop the recording on my Flir you lost the file but I am not sure on the Pulsar.

I have just started hitting the record button as soon as I turn the scope on. If you do a good job of transfering/erasing the files off the scope then you will never fill up the hard drive on the scope in one night.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                  I have been guilty of not only forgetting to hit the record button but also forgetting to stop the recording before I turn the scope off. I know if you didnt stop the recording on my Flir you lost the file but I am not sure on the Pulsar.

I have just started hitting the record button as soon as I turn the scope on. If you do a good job of transfering/erasing the files off the scope then you will never fill up the hard drive on the scope in one night.
                  The first sounder we got on I really screwed up. I remembered to hit “record” lol it was my zoom right as we were getting ready to shoot. I was scrambling to get back to native 3x as we were 60yds out, and 6x was way too much. I was lucky to get back on 3x right as the countdown ended, and didn’t manage to hit record before we started shooting. On the video in question I remembered to kill the record too early haha after the shooting had ceased for 30 seconds or so I killed it, then a lone survivor popped up on a fence line 305 yds out. I flopped him on the spot. 2 very credible witnesses, but no video lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
                    That is a good nights work. For sure they are in the wheat over here. Crossing over into the peanuts too, we are hunting both types of crops. Luckily not getting too much peanut damage so far this year on my son and BIL's places. They rotated fields around and we hit them hard leading up to planting season. Damage on peanuts has not been anything like it was last year. Yet.
                    I don’t have access to any peanuts myself, but one the guys I hunt with has quite a bit. He’s tried to get me out a few times lately, but my schedule hasn’t allowed it to happen. I don’t think my wife wants me extending my killing season any longer than it already is either I pretty much live in the doghouse this time of year haha

Comment

The 2021 Thermal and Night Vision Thread

I don’t have access to any peanuts myself, but one the guys I hunt with has quite a bit. He’s tried to get me out a few times lately, but my schedule hasn’t allowed it to happen. I don’t think my wife wants me extending my killing season any longer than it already is either I pretty much live in the doghouse this time of year haha

If your in the doghouse out back she can’t see you roaming at night!!![emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Y’all making me jealous, stuck in Illinois for work but when I get home I’ll be loaded for bear.

Sold my .308 and bought a 7.62x39 mutant AR with a better upper then my .308.

Stopping at Mack’s prairie wings in Arkansas and picking up a pair of Danner snake boots since my brand new waders last season leaked and they gave me a store discount.

Keep stackin’ fellers

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
                        If your in the doghouse out back she can’t see you roaming at night!!![emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]
                        Don’t think that thought hasn’t crossed my mind [emoji1787]

Comment

Don’t think that thought hasn’t crossed my mind [emoji1787]
                          What Thermal unit are you using?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Pulsar XG50 on this scenario. I’ve had a few different XPs over the years, as well as had access to a few shop demo units. This weekend we had a NOX 18, NOX 35 Trijicon MK3 60, 3x REAP 35, and a handful of dual tube white phosphor binos.

Comment

I sent my Reap IR in last week as it kept shutting off from the recoil during shooting!

It is out of warranty, but Trijicon has been great to me. Let's see how they handle it and what is wrong

Comment

Far from our best showing, but a buddy had one of his helpers drag and stack them for us after we killed them.

[ATTACH]1049559[/ATTACH]

What tripods are those you are using?

Comment

Working...
                                X