Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote=unclefish;15550424]
    Originally posted by HR3 View Post

They may not be Div 2 every year. There are 2 other schools in 5-6A that are smaller than DG so they could easily go D1 depending on who makes the playoffs.
    WTH... [emoji38]... Last 2 years D2, right? But, as I recall they played Westlake, which won D1 this year.... [emoji848]... Interesting

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Comment

[quote=HR3;15550476]
      Originally posted by unclefish View Post
      WTH... [emoji38]... Last 2 years D2, right? But, as I recall they played Westlake, which won D1 this year.... [emoji848]... Interesting

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
      Yeah it takes a calculator to figure it out most years. It can change with the schools that are in the middle....enrollment wise. For the last several years Katy High went D1 and faced a stout North Shore team and lost. This past year they went D2 (and won State) because two bigger schools in the district made the playoffs.

Comment

a story I read a while back many of the parents and students were aware of the "competition" aspect and not making the team in several sports or in band, but many of those same parents and students said the large enrollment made it possible for Allen to offer many more activities that other districts did not have at all and they (or their kids) were interested in that and that was a selling point for them

at this point it is pretty well known how Allen is going to do things and there are plenty of other choices in Frisco, Plano, McKinney, or Lovejoy for students and families that want something else

they can still live in a very similar quality of neighborhood and if the parent(s) have a commute to anywhere to work the distance and travel time will be just the same if not a bit shorter for some of those choices

for those that just don't care or do not look into those types of things before buying a home....well you get what you gets

Comment

Working...
        X