X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Holy Spirit: An Absolute

The Holy Spirit: An Absolute
    Luke 24:36-49
    Salvation occurs when we trust Jesus as our Savior--He forgives us, transforms us, and sees us as righteous. In that moment, we are redeemed, and though we continue to struggle with sin, it is a defeated foe. Then as time goes on, our service, gifts, and love for Him should naturally become greater.
    Unfortunately, a lot of Christians sit in church week after week, going through the motions yet lacking passion and failing to grow. How is such a thing possible? Tragically, many believers are unaware of the essential ministry of God's Spirit.
    The Holy Spirit is a member of the Trinity and co-equal with God the Father and God the Son. The opening chapter of Scripture tells us that He existed before the formation of the earth and in fact participated in creation (Gen. 1:2, Gen. 1:26). Today, He has the critical role of helping and counseling all believers.
    The Holy Spirit is a gift to every child of God. His presence within us isn't something we have to earn or acquire. Rather, it is a marvelous privilege--by indwelling our hearts, He can guide and strengthen, steering each believer away from danger and into truth (John 16:7-8). Scripture tells us that Jesus came so we could experience a full life (10:10). This is possible only when we listen to His Spirit and obey.
    Are you experiencing the abundant life Jesus promised? He wasn't talking about happy circumstances but rather the joy and contentment possible through a relationship with Him. If you're lacking in this area, consider your understanding of the Holy Spirit, and pray to be in tune with His promptings.
    Dr. Stanley

Amen and thank you!

Comment

Amen

Comment

Amen Bro Bill

Comment

Amen. Great way to start the day. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Amen

Comment

Amen

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Amen!

Comment

Absolutely! My mens bible study is finishing a book on the Holy Trinity, 6-week study. While I don’t recommend the book we chose (The Trinity...An Introduction), it’s a topic worthy of some study and conversation. It seems confusing/conflicting with the basic premise of having only one God. How can we have one God, yet we pray to and worship Jesus?

Not trying to hijack, but interested in some feedback on y’all’s thoughts.

Comment

Thanks Bro. Bill

Comment

Originally posted by ShoootLow View Post
                        Absolutely! My mens bible study is finishing a book on the Holy Trinity, 6-week study. While I don’t recommend the book we chose (The Trinity...An Introduction), it’s a topic worthy of some study and conversation. It seems confusing/conflicting with the basic premise of having only one God. How can we have one God, yet we pray to and worship Jesus?

Not hijacking at all.

I had a oneness guy tell me I was going to burn in hell because I wasn’t baptized in Jesus Name..

Here’s what I read to him

John 14:6-9 KJV
                        [6] Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. [7] If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. [8] Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. [9] Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

1 John 5:5-8 KJV
                        [5] Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God? [6] This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth. [7] For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. [8] And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

Kinda hard to dispute what the Word of God says

Comment

Thank!

Comment

Originally posted by ShoootLow View Post

All the same
                            Water
                            Steam
                            Ice
                            It’s all H/2o

Comment

[QUOTE=ShoootLow;15521852]Absolutely! My mens bible study is finishing a book on the Holy Trinity, 6-week study. While I don’t recommend the book we chose (The Trinity...An Introduction), it’s a topic worthy of some study and conversation. It seems confusing/conflicting with the basic premise of having only one God. How can we have one God, yet we pray to and worship Jesus?

Not trying to hijack, but interested in some feedback on y’all’s thoughts.[/QU

the father, Son and Holy spirit are one in the same with each other,,,, God can not be seen by human flesh or you will die, because he is utterly perfect and pure,,,, the spirit can not be see but can be felt and heard,,, Jesus is God who took on human form ( born of woman, ) so men could look upon him, touch him hear him and even dine with him... Jesus exists to be a go between for man and God,, when we pray we often say things wrong, Jesus takes those things and presents them to God in perfect form....
                              sometimes it is easier to just accept things as they are, understanding comes along in due time according to God plans....
                              in human flesh he could be related too in a way that man could grasp,, his body could also be killed and it was but He ( Jesus) did not die, just the flesh when he was made perfect in death he could return to heaven ... there is even scripture where the bible speaks of the stench of the flesh ,,, that filth can not go to Heaven..
                              in scripture it even states that Jesus, gave us his spirit because he had to leave earth but the spirit could stay with us,,

Comment

Working...
                              X