Hunting Near Talihina Oklahoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting Near Talihina Oklahoma

Wife and I got away this weekend to a Airbnb near Talihina, OK. Loved the terrain...reminded me of home in NC. Anyone have experience hunting up there?

Originally posted by Sethmac View Post
    Wife and I got away this weekend to a Airbnb near Talihina, OK. Loved the terrain...reminded me of home in NC. Anyone have experience hunting up there?
    We bought 14 acres not far from there. It's beautiful around there. This will be my first season hunting up there. Lots of deer,turkey, and a few bear.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
      We bought 14 acres not far from there. It's beautiful around there. This will be my first season hunting up there. Lots of deer,turkey, and a few bear.
      We travel through there several times a year visiting family in Arkansas. I had no idea that part of Oklahoma was so beautiful prior to a couple years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have a lease up there in the mountains. It’s a beautiful place. Bears are getting thick up there. They drive me nuts messing up feeders.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
          We travel through there several times a year visiting family in Arkansas. I had no idea that part of Oklahoma was so beautiful prior to a couple years ago.

I didnt realize it either until I was looking for land in Arkansas and started finding Oklahoma property that was just as beautiful.

Comment

Bears are everywhere like pigs here, friend bought a place built beautiful home and had to mount air conditioning up off ground cause bears are so destructive
            I’m sure he’ll be selling soon can only fill feeders when bears hibernation starts, if you want bear lease, this is the county, he says

Comment

Originally posted by whitetailfanatic View Post
              Bears are everywhere like pigs here, friend bought a place built beautiful home and had to mount air conditioning up off ground cause bears are so destructive
              I’m sure he’ll be selling soon can only fill feeders when bears hibernation starts, if you want bear lease, this is the county, he says
              Bears have already destroyed my feeder and both cameras at our place. This was the first year owning it so I learned some lessons. My neighbor informed me that I have a den on my place and I found it.

Comment

Beautiful part of the country, for sure. Been hunting that area for the last 20+ years. If you want to exclusively hunt a corn feeder then this is likely not the area for you as bears and hogs will keep the deer run out off your sets. If you like to scout, read sign, can be flexible, and use a little hand corn then you will have a blast.

Comment

Working...
                X