No announcement yet.

Old Sabine WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duck hunting used to be pretty decent years ago until one of the biologists started treating it like his own personal hunting lease. Even tried to argue with my BIL when we beat him to “his” hole one time! lol
    I haven’t duck hunted it in at least 8 years or more so I’m not much help now..

Comment

I live on the Wood County side across the river from the OSB . . Owned the place since 2002 . . We got water we got ducks . . Good deer . . Wonderful place to live . .

Comment

I find it hilarious when people who can’t get it done on public land bash the place!
        There is literally sign everywhere and there are way more deer there than most people think. You just gotta Hunt smarter!!

Comment

Originally posted by K.B.V. View Post
          I find it hilarious when people who can’t get it done on public land bash the place!
          There is literally sign everywhere and there are way more deer there than most people think. You just gotta Hunt smarter!!
          Not all public land is equal. There is obviously some better properties than others. This does not happen to be one based on the available statistics. The question also is: “is it worth burning a draw in a good category, and also paying the fee for a low opportunity property”.

The biologist gave the deer density. I highly doubt that those men with masters degrees and PHDs that also happen to hunt the place underestimated the density or lack the ability to hunt smart.

Lastly, I don’t understand your logic. It sounds like you’ve hunted here and done well. If that’s the case, what’s the sense in encouraging others to give the property a second look?

Comment

Show us some success then big guy.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I consider the hunt I had successful, I could have shot deer and hogs. My partner was the only one who shot a deer, MOST never saw a deer. This isn't bashing. This is factual truth. Bottom line, OSB is still and will always be the bottom of the barrel the GDE draw hunts. AS mentioned previously, it can be hunted without applying and burning preference points.

I'd too, would like to see your success at OSB. Show the green screen, what it looks like to hunt "smarter!'' at OSB, don't be a chicken now!

Comment

It's been 2 months . . Y'all quit hunting?. .

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
                  I consider the hunt I had successful, I could have shot deer and hogs. My partner was the only one who shot a deer, MOST never saw a deer. This isn't bashing. This is factual truth. Bottom line, OSB is still and will always be the bottom of the barrel the GDE draw hunts. AS mentioned previously, it can be hunted without applying and burning preference points.

I'd too, would like to see your success at OSB. Show the green screen, what it looks like to hunt "smarter!'' at OSB, don't be a chicken now!
                  Fo real. I used to live in Tyler and hunted there quite a bit for hogs. Tons of those but rarely saw a deer. I think they shoot two or three a year out there.

Comment

I guess nobody had success this year . . There's plenty of deer . . Pressure tends to push them deeper than most care to hunt . . Maybe next year . .

Comment

Some people don't kiss and tell!

Comment

Some people hunt deer and not mushrooms . .

Comment

They both eat. How you doing you Old Fart?

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                            They both eat. How you doing you Old Fart?
                            Great . . Doing all the birus protocols . . Splitting time between here and the lake . . Waiting to get the vaccine . .

Comment

Working...
                            X