No announcement yet.

Any Mountain Bike Riders in here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My two 26-er hard tails. Bought the first one (polished swirled aluminum frame) back in 1999. And the Para-Trooper model (used by the 101st and 82nd) back in 2005. Both are full sized folders and full aluminum frames. I've added a few parts to fit my needs. Got a set of Fin-Grip Pros for the Para model so I can carry a bow or shotgun on the bars. Also have two sided pedals with flats on one side and SPDs on the other. Para has rapid fire 8 and the swirled has twist grip 8. Both are kinda dusty.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Montague #1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	171.0 KB
ID:	24588749

Click image for larger version

Name:	Montague #2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	24588750

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
      My two 26-er hard tails. Bought the first one (polished swirled aluminum frame) back in 1999. And the Para-Trooper model (used by the 101st and 82nd) back in 2005. Both are full sized folders and full aluminum frames. I've added a few parts to fit my needs. Got a set of Fin-Grip Pros for the Para model so I can carry a bow or shotgun on the bars. Also have two sided pedals with flats on one side and SPDs on the other. Para has rapid fire 8 and the swirled has twist grip 8. Both are kinda dusty.

[ATTACH]968684[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]968685[/ATTACH]

Those are awesome folding bikes. I’ve never seen one in person, but have seen them in videos. Too cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kcam23 View Post
        I rode RCP a few weeks ago. The guy I was with only wanted to do the first half, and it was a very entry level trail. I rode trail 7 by myself, and it seemed a lot more challenging. We did come across one cooperhead, but he was already dead. Thanks for all the feedback, guys. Awesome to hear the different stories.

If you live in Arlington, and are looking for a newer trail to try out, DORBA is joining a trail steward in south Arlington at Red Kane park to help establish a 6 mile course. I rode the trail the other day and it had some good potential. A few technical areas, some good jumps/drops, but mostly a pretty flat and flowy trail.

7, 14, and 13 are the only technical trails. And they aren't that technical. Although they have hauled a lot of injured folks out of the creek crossing on 14

Comment

Yeah, it wasn’t terrible. Just more challenging than the flatness of the other trails. Looking to ride somewhere tomorrow morning, if anyone is down. Probably go ride Oak Cliff, or Boulder.

Comment

Carbon fiber

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I ride the DORBA at Isle Du Bois a couple times a week when it is open. Been closed a lot this year due to rain. I'll probably be out there after work this evening.

Comment

Nice bikes! I used to ride and race quite a bit. Now my titanium Litespeed just hangs and collects dust in my garage. Diagnosed with MS in 08 and my legs won't let me do it much anymore. I miss it tremendously as it was a huge part of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                  Carbon fiber

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Sweet bike! Take it off any sweet jumps?

Comment

. Pic from the new trail in Arlington. It’s a new trail that needs some work, but it has some cool spots.

Comment

Round Rock rider here. Me and my daughters are all over brushy creek!

Comment

I was riding a lot when I worked mids and had days off during the week. Now I just play more than anything and sold my carbon Pivot and got a Surly Krampus.

Comment

Just got my old Gary Fisher fixed up! It hadn't been ridden in 4 years... Originally got it fixed up because I'll use it for public land hunts this year, but after a few rides I remembered how fun it is! Will definitely be riding more.

Comment

Today I learned the art of the fall. I rode Oak Cliff Nature Preserve, and realized that I was a little too confident on some of my jumps and descents. That resulted in a few washout landings and a true-blue over-the-bars. Chock it up as a learning experience, be glad it wasn’t worse, and move on.

Note: Helmet, gloves, knee pads, and water bladder saved a lot of bumps and cuts. Bruises will definitely be there tomorrow.

Comment

Anyone know of someone looking to buy a great XL Santa Cruz hardtail? I’ve purchased a FS Occam, and need to sell my hardtail. Asking $1500obo. A few parts have changed since the original post.

Comment

Just picked up a brand new ride yesterday. My old Kona was going to cost more to fix it up than what it was worth so my wife said lets go ahead and get you a new one. Man did I luck out in the wife department!! Cant wait to start bombing down the trails in this badboy, and to start losing more weight!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X