No announcement yet.

Any Mountain Bike Riders in here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burleson's Chisenhall trail map. Plenty of parking at the ball fields parking lots. About 10 miles of trail total.

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wUJRUF2jyY"]A Fun Trail to Log Miles On - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post

Burleson's Chisenhall trail map. Plenty of parking at the ball fields parking lots. About 10 miles of trail total.

Thanks! I guess I didn’t realize how established it still is. Also, someone else mentioned 5 trails in Burleson. Where else besides Chisenhall and Lost Oak? I actually found out about a new trail a few miles from my house. It’s in Arlington, but it’s still the closest one to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I like to but don't get out often. Is there an app like AllTrails for Mountain bikes?
          Last edited by CEO; 08-13-2019, 07:39 AM.

Comment

I do.. im located in Coppell. I ride at lake grapevine mostly

Comment

Rowlett has 16 miles of trails maintained by DORBA.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                I like to but don't get out often. Is there an app like AllTrails for Mountain bikes?

There’s an app called Trailforks, as well as the Dorba app, if you’re in the DFW area. Both are kept up to date regarding trail conditions and closures.

Comment

Two game-changers added to my mtb life, and have made riding that much more enjoyable.

1) I bought a pair of 5.10 Freestyle riding shoes for flat pedals and they grip like crazy. My tennis shoes were okay, but I never realized how much traction I didn’t have on the pedals. My shins appreciate the purchase.

2) I had a dropper post installed on the bike. Getting that seat out of the way on jumps and descents changes everything. I’m able to be much more aggressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Kcam23 View Post
                    Thanks! I guess I didn’t realize how established it still is. Also, someone else mentioned 5 trails in Burleson. Where else besides Chisenhall and Lost Oak? I actually found out about a new trail a few miles from my house. It’s in Arlington, but it’s still the closest one to me.

Sorry for the late response. Burleson has been trying to become a bike friendly city. We've got city street bike lanes now. Some of the other off road trails are not as long. But we do have a street route of 10 miles that has some minor off road too.

Glad to see your upping your gear.
                    I've got 2 sided pedals: SPDs on one side, flats on the other. So I can ride with either type of shoe.

Comment

Nice ride man! I have Santa Cruz Tallboy and love it. Join DORBA.ORG for local dfw trails and updates. Rowlett Creek is a great easy ride when its not flooded.

Sean

Comment

RCP was my favorite trail also. At my age and technical ability, its trail riding, not mountain biking. One thing about RCP, I have never seen so many copperheads in all my life. I bet I have ran over 100 or more.
                        I started back into bikes at 55 or so, and found a great way to exercise, and lose weight. In a few months I dropped 35 lbs and stopped being diabetic, and cholesterol issues went away. Cardiologist told me to get out of his office and don't come back.

The toughest trail I ever rode was Big Cedar, their beginner trail. I wasn't ready for all the climbing.

With all the hardware on my spine, odds are they are not going to let me back on the bike.

Riding trails was like a nice ride in the woods, right here in town.

Comment

Any Mountain Bike Riders in here?

I rode RCP a few weeks ago. The guy I was with only wanted to do the first half, and it was a very entry level trail. I rode trail 7 by myself, and it seemed a lot more challenging. We did come across one cooperhead, but he was already dead. Thanks for all the feedback, guys. Awesome to hear the different stories.

If you live in Arlington, and are looking for a newer trail to try out, DORBA is joining a trail steward in south Arlington at Red Kane park to help establish a 6 mile course. I rode the trail the other day and it had some good potential. A few technical areas, some good jumps/drops, but mostly a pretty flat and flowy trail.

Last edited by Kcam23; 08-18-2019, 01:31 PM.

Comment

I generally ride the grapevine trails when they aren’t flooded. Rode Big Cedar a lot for a few years but haven’t been there in a while.

I’m still stuck in 26” bikes. Main two are a Redline McCog and a Turner RFX

Comment

I’ve gotten into riding over the last 6-8 weeks after buying a nice, used Scott from a buddy at work.

Does anyone know of any good trails to ride in Fredericksburg? I’m headed there next weekend for a wedding. Either gonna bike or hike. 6 weeks until WY elk hunting!

Comment

I just bought a hardtail for the first time in over 25yrs...lol and live in Cedar Park, Austin Tx, we have some pretty decent trails at Brushy Creek which is like 5 minutes from my house. I’ve been wanting to try Spider Mountain in Burnet but just once..can’t believe it’s $50 bucks to ride, but looks like a blast. If anyone wants to get a small group up there we go!! I’m a bit older then you young bucks, but I’m still down to ride somplace different.

Comment

Working...
                                X