No announcement yet.

Any Mountain Bike Riders in here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to race cross country with TMBRA.org. Was sponsored by a local shop here in Austin. Their fall season is coming up shortly. Check them out, great group of guys and gals for the wife too!

Comment

I just came off of a decent year of racing with TMBRA and on the National 24hr Solo Endurance Series. Been riding MTB for a couple years now and really enjoy the people involved.

I trained a few months for this spring season and ended up 2nd in the TMBRA Spring State Championship Series in the Cat 3 40-49, then at the last race of the year at Warda made the jump to Cat 2 45-49 and pulled a 9th place finish (Starting from the back was not fun) lol June found me switching to 24 hour solo endurance and ended up with 2 podiums and a 8th place finish to put me well within the top 10 in the Nation with one more race to go in Sept in Hurricane Utah.

I will say one thing to all you MTBer's...PLEASE if you have the time join your local MTB club and get involved. Trail stewardship and trail works days are a huge way to give back to those that build all the trails that you ride today..

In the Ft worth side of the world we have:

Marion Sansom Park trails (poorly marked)
      Gate Way Park Trails
      River legacy Trails (EKG is CLOSED due to water)

Aledo area:

Parks of Aledo (fast fun and flowy beginner trail)

Weatherford Lake:

Quanah Hill Trails (beginner to intermediate)

Glenrose:

Dinosaur Valley trails (maintained by DORBA)
      Solovaca trails

Bridgeport:

Bridgeport Trails (fun beginner trails)

Get out and have fun..

I'm usually at POA or Quanah Hill every day after 3pm doing a few laps, except on Thursdays, Thursdays are my "FT Worth Dirt Tour Days" were I generally ride every trail that I can fit into the day, lol Anyone wants to tag along shoot me a PM..
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Tuffbroadhead; 08-11-2019, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Put 24 miles on my faithful old Rockhopper 29er this morning

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 141edge View Post
          If you are ever in the Burnet/Lake Buchanan area just 60 miles northwest of Austin, check out Spider Mountain. Pretty sweet place by Canyon of the Eagles. It is home to Texas' first and only lift-served mountain bike park and the only lift-served, year-round mountain bike park in the U.S. Ive never been, but my BIL goes all the time. I could def get behind the "all downhill"
          How friendly are the spider mountain beginner trails? We will be near there in a month and or two, wondering if my 9yr old would be able to hang (or me for that matter).

Comment

I do. I’m in Coppell.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
              I just came off of a decent year of racing with TMBRA and on the National 24hr Solo Endurance Series. Been riding MTB for a couple years now and really enjoy the people involved.

I trained a few months for this spring season and ended up 2nd in the TMBRA Spring State Championship Series in the Cat 3 40-49, then at the last race of the year at Warda made the jump to Cat 2 45-49 and pulled a 9th place finish (Starting from the back was not fun) lol June found me switching to 24 hour solo endurance and ended up with 2 podiums and a 8th place finish to put me well within the top 10 in the Nation with one more race to go in Sept in Hurricane Utah.

I will say one thing to all you MTBer's...PLEASE if you have the time join your local MTB club and get involved. Trail stewardship and trail works days are a huge way to give back to those that build all the trails that you ride today..

In the Ft worth side of the world we have:

Marion Sansom Park trails (poorly marked)
              Gate Way Park Trails
              River legacy Trails (EKG is CLOSED due to water)

Aledo area:

Parks of Aledo (fast fun and flowy beginner trail)

Weatherford Lake:

Quanah Hill Trails (beginner to intermediate)

Glenrose:

Dinosaur Valley trails (maintained by DORBA)
              Solovaca trails

Bridgeport:

Bridgeport Trails (fun beginner trails)

Get out and have fun..

I'm usually at POA or Quanah Hill every day after 3pm doing a few laps, except on Thursdays, Thursdays are my "FT Worth Dirt Tour Days" were I generally ride every trail that I can fit into the day, lol Anyone wants to tag along shoot me a PM..

That's pretty cool Dale! Big congrats to ya!

Me, I've had one to many stitches and broken bones in this lifetime. But have considered getting off-road on some mild stuff. Just got back in the saddle in early June to loose some weight and get heart healthy again (Doing neighborhood assaults). Or salvage what I can.

Comment

nice bike. Santa Cruz makes nice bikes. Erwin and north shore are great rides. Frisco was easy and close by my house until the PGA tour shut it down

Comment

I had gotten into it pretty heavy this past spring and early summer, had a bad wreck at the cypress creek trails about a month ago and haven’t been back since.

Comment

I do when my local trails aren’t flooded out.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback, guys. I just purchased a KS Lev Integra dropper post for my bike, and can’t wait to have it installed. A few buddies and I will be riding Boulder in Dallas on Wed. morning to beat the heat. One thing I’ve learned about trail riding is that the first guy on the trail eats spider webs like crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by xdaryl View Post
                        Burleson has several. Behind Lost Oak Winery there is one and also back behind Chisenhall baseball complex there are 5 different trails to ride. I got into MTB early in the year, haven’t got to ride much lately. Planning on getting back to it soon!

I grew up in Burleson, and we used to ride our bikes out at Chisenhall all the time. I figured they were all taken out with the fields put in. I’ll have to go try them and the Lost Oak trails out. Nice Bike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not a mountain biker but I enjoy riding and racing on gravel or road.
                          Attached Files

Comment

7sdad, do you plan on racing any of the ft worth utopia CX races in the fall? I'm thinking about using the MTB Short track races for Vo2max training.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
                              7sdad, do you plan on racing any of the ft worth utopia CX races in the fall? I'm thinking about using the MTB Short track races for Vo2max training.
                              I was but I hurt my shoulder and haven't been riding the past month and I'm getting ready to go Elk hunting. They are a blast and they do have a class for mountain bikes so you should go.

Comment

New rider here as well. Looks like a chameleon? Looks sharp!

I picked mine up last year to do some scouting and ride the local trails. With all the rain, I’ve only hit RCP a few times, but had a blast each time. I’m definitely a newbie

Comment

Working...
                                X