• Show
Clear All

Anyone ever been ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Did you see red writing under 2nd pic?
      Looks like it is closed or moved maybe

Comment

Wife picked up this ‘60’s era picnic stove.

Bad thing is, they don’t make the fuel cans anymore.

Gonna try to find an adapter, or change the fitting for a bigger bottle.

Comment

First one of those I have seen

Comment

Does anyone happen to have a parts 502 single burner stove? I got it all cleaned up and the font cracked. So I braced it and the crack ran. I drilled the crack, and it still ran......and jb weld does not hole......lol

Comment

Originally posted by jhunter77 View Post
              Does anyone happen to have a parts 502 single burner stove? I got it all cleaned up and the font cracked. So I braced it and the crack ran. I drilled the crack, and it still ran......and jb weld does not hole......lol

Did you find the parts?

Comment

You still hoarding Timm?

Comment

Actually I sold six lanterns last month and sold 5 stoves. [emoji16]

Comment

I recently added 3 to my lantern collection. I obtained my family's red single mantle 200A. Works fine, I spent many an evening listening to it's hiss at Lakes Ouachita and/or DeGray.

Picked up a 1971 228F from a TBHr, only to get it cleaned up and find pinholes in the fount (tank). Not flaming him, he didn't know, and I was going to buy it no matter what. I believe this is what is known as a "big-hat". I managed to pickup a replacement fount in south Dallas, only to find it had a stuck check valve. Once cleared, cleaned all parts, and now works perfect. New fount is a 1964.

Lastly, the guy that I bought the replacement fount from, gave me another lantern. Why, I have no clue- other than I'm just a durn nice guy. It is a 220F, the guy said it was painted, not chrome/nickel. Turns out while cleaning, 1948, brass fount, and either chrome/nickel. Works as it should, I'd like to polish it but I'm hesitant to mess up what is remaining of the finish.

I have another I'm working on and cleaning up, waiting for fuel to arrive, I'll post information and pics later. As a teaser, we used this type of lantern coon/possum hunting in the Arkansas river bottoms, burned fuel is acetylene.

I had to obtain a Coleman check valve removal tool, removing the check valve is simple, if someone wants to borrow it I'll loan it out. Pay shipping and/or pickup.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Nice lanterns

Comment

Razorback, I swam in that DeGray lake back in 2003, when I went to the regional club championships. Those black flies are a pain where ever they land on ya!

Comment

WoW just found this thread a little while ago. And to think all this time I thought I was a little crazy! I've had this bug since I was 10 That was in 1970!!!! I used to catfish all night long with a 2 mantle using a reflector made from a beer can. My mom would drop me off with my gear and cooler I cooked a hamburger and fried a tater for supper and bacon for breakfast. I still have the 2 burner stove from back then and a bunch of others LOL.I have a 502 single burner somewhere, I literally tore my garage apart last summer looking for it, no joy.
                          I fixed all 4-5 stoves last summer and put them up. Now I'm gonna get them out and check them out again. Then I'll start on the lanterns 4-5. and get them going as well.
                          I sure fell better now knowing I'm not CRAZY!!!

Comment

Yes your crazy. It’s a uncontrollable desire.

Comment

Latest lantern, cleaned up and operational.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Nice lantern

Comment

Working...
                                X