No announcement yet.

Seprate Classified section for actual bowhunting stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife told me she wanted a costco card in addition to the sams club.....I ask her was something there that she needed? She said how on earth would she know what she needed from there until she saw what they had....same deal here.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
      Are you planning on getting into bowhunting? Or are you sticking with crossbows for now?
      I've been bowhunting strictly the last couple years. Made a bad shot on a doe 7 years ago and put the bow away for a while. Now I'm confident again so back to the bow. I keep an Excal Matrix 355 around though for my boy. He can't pull enough bow yet to kill anything so he gets a pass. He's only 6 but got his first button buck with it last fall and just dropped a gobbler saturday morning with it so it'll be hanging around for a little while longer I think.

Comment

Here's his turkey...with the crossbow
        Attached Files

Comment

And his button buck...with the same crossbow. 34 yards on the deer, 23 on the turkey
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
              The majority of members on this site do not actually bowhunt also IMO
              Yup.....mods should create a poser forum!

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                Yup.....mods should create a poser forum!
                No they should not. Just explaining to OP why he doesn’t see many classified ads that are bowhunting related.
                Mods should bring back the bowhunting stories (or whatever it was called) section though.

Comment

Originally posted by Onski69 View Post
                  And his button buck...with the same crossbow. 34 yards on the deer, 23 on the turkey

Good stuff right there!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                    No they should not. Just explaining to OP why he doesn’t see many classified ads that are bowhunting related.
                    Mods should bring back the bowhunting stories (or whatever it was called) section though.
                    Your sarcasm meter is a half quart low

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
                      yeah, kinda like Liberals saying why can't we just get along or be tolerant.

For the record, I truly don’t care what people hunt with. But if the term “horizontal bow” is a thing, it had to have been created by someone who shoots one. Just call it a crossbow. Don’t try to church it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                        Your sarcasm meter is a half quart low

I needed the winky face [emoji6]!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                          I'm trying to figure out what the OP said that made some of you jump him? Some disappointing posts here from long-term members.

You can discuss this without taking jabs at him.

With that said, we're not a fan of further dissecting the forum in general.

Yessir Casey, you are absolutely right about "long-term members posting disappointing posts and I apologize to you and any on this thread that I as one of those "long-term members" may have upset. My post was indeed out of line, and like some other newer member posted that "long-term" members will say it's changed over the years... and it has. Some for the better, some not so good. I do not want to be a contributor of the not so good, so therefore I apologize to the OP for "jumping on you". I've had discussions with other "long-term" members over the past days about how their posts can be abrasive while their subject matter may be valid. The abrasiveness/rudeness overshadows any good that may have come out of those posts, and here I've done the exact same thing. I'm sorry.

I'm out.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                            Yessir Casey, you are absolutely right about "long-term members posting disappointing posts and I apologize to you and any on this thread that I as one of those "long-term members" may have upset. My post was indeed out of line, and like some other newer member posted that "long-term" members will say it's changed over the years... and it has. Some for the better, some not so good. I do not want to be a contributor of the not so good, so therefore I apologize to the OP for "jumping on you". I've had discussions with other "long-term" members over the past days about how their posts can be abrasive while their subject matter may be valid. The abrasiveness/rudeness overshadows any good that may have come out of those posts, and here I've done the exact same thing. I'm sorry.

I'm out.
                            This is what separates you from alot of men.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Huh. All of a sudden...crickets.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post

I'm out.

Great example of Leadership, make a mistake, own up to it and correct the behavior not only in yourself but the others you have influence with. Respect.

OP, great job on getting your boy engaged in the sport. Crossbows certainly have their place. Sometimes the archery crowd can be a bit “elite” if you will. I like how you handled yourself. Keep it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X