Holosun sight or another brand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am looking for a open reflex sight to put on a couple pistols. I will more than likely end up putting one on my everyday carry. Does anyone have any experience with a Holosun or any other quality brand.

Pros and cons of putting one on EDC?

I’m not going to say price doesn’t matter, but I don’t mind spending a little extra to get the right sight.

I have a couple that are low end china stuff I have on 22’s for the grand kids so I know what a cheap one looks like.

I have RMRs and Burris sights and they are both good to go, but I just ordered a Sig RomeoZero and a Holosun 507C for 2 P365s so I will let you know what I think when they get here. BUT everything I could find online said the Holosun is excellent and built like a tank.

Comment

I would seek a shake awake or horizontal on model for carry use.

I only have one Burris FF3 and having to turn it on would not be something to do in the heat of the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Trijicon Type 2 RMR for a carry gun.
        Last edited by BigJimmyRustler; 01-19-2021, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Triji or Holosun are good choices. From the reviews the Triji takes the lead for durability. I have Holosun 507k on a G43x. I’m very pleased with it.

Comment

Mine are mostly Leupold Delta Points. I just like them better than Vortex or Trijicon, and I’ve had both those. If you could try some different ones before you lay down your cash it would be nice. I think they will all do what you want, there’s just gonna be some subtle differences in how they operate and the changing of the battery.

Comment

I run one on my p10c and love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gherkin05 View Post
                Triji or Holosun are good choices. From the reviews the Triji takes the lead for durability. I have Holosun 507k on a G43x. I’m very pleased with it.
                That is the exact gun I'm going to start carrying.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                  Mine are mostly Leupold Delta Points. I just like them better than Vortex or Trijicon, and I’ve had both those. If you could try some different ones before you lay down your cash it would be nice. I think they will all do what you want, there’s just gonna be some subtle differences in how they operate and the changing of the battery.
                  Thanks. Never thought about a leupold

Comment

Originally posted by ahlongslide View Post
                    I have RMRs and Burris sights and they are both good to go, but I just ordered a Sig RomeoZero and a Holosun 507C for 2 P365s so I will let you know what I think when they get here. BUT everything I could find online said the Holosun is excellent and built like a tank.
                    That 507C has great reviews and I like the shake and wake feature.

I've just never had one on a carry pistol so that will be a learning curve I'm sure.

New holster and all that goes with that

Comment

Thanks for all the input. Looks like I get to do some research this week.

Might give me a reason to go to the gun show this weekend.

Comment

I have a vortex venom it’s good but I want shake awake so I’m Goni got get a holosun 507c. With the sights the gun still fits my serpa Blackhawk low profile holster. Probably wouldn’t fit my duty holster though since it comes up over more of the slide. But it’s just my off duty gun.

Comment

The one I mentioned yesterday. Very pleased with it.

Comment

I have Trijicon and Shield. Like both.

Trijicon on my Glock 45
                            Shiels RMSc on my Glock 48

Might switch my duty weapon to a shield.

Comment

will need to look attem.

Comment

Working...
                              X