• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the sound if option number 2! In for details

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kck View Post
      The engaging lands are cut to a slightly larger diameter and then angled down to the barrel's predetermined lands. Watch those +P throats, though. They can be (not always) a little more finicky to reload for and, like Tropy8 said, they can eat a throat quicker. Also, you HAVE TO reload if you get a +P throat. If not, you'll lose velocity with factory ammo since the pressure is decreased. Also, they're pretty useless in shorter barrels and calibers that like shorter barrels (i.e., 308's derivatives and whatnot) because there isn't enough case capacity to add more powder. That being said, if you want a stouter cartridge with plenty of capacity in a longer barrel (26"+) then a +P, or bore rider, may be a really good fit.
      They for sure are finicky to load for. Bergers seem to be the ticket.

Comment

What I would be interested in is a cost effective lightweight elk gun. If that is even a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Texasbeanie View Post
          What I would be interested in is a cost effective lightweight elk gun. If that is even a thing.

Sure it is. Just depends on how many corners you want to cut from a custom build. Lots of rifles built on R700 or Tikka donor actions.

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Originally posted by Texasbeanie View Post
            And depends on your definition of cost effective and lightweight......

Oh and your definition of a elk caliber....
            ��

Comment

#3 would get my wife out to the range a lot more and that’s good for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So when can we order #3 ?

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
                  So when can we order #3 ?
                  There’s a #3 for sale on Alamo’s website right now if you’d like!

Comment

But we need some left handed #3s

Comment

Pleased to see all of the interest in the 22 option! Don't think we will be able to do lefties on that platform though, unfortunately.

Somewhere out there, is an APR contour carbon barrel trying to find its way home through the UPS system. If it ever actually gets here, I'll mock up a light weight Maverick platform like I mentioned earlier. I think it will check a lot of boxes for folks.

I've looked at several chassis options for concept #2. The folder takes us down to just a few really good options, and all are going to have significantly long timelines based on the conversations I've had to date. A fixed version would open up the possibilities, but it loses some of the utility I had envisioned. My first choice right now is the XLR Element 4.0.........which isn't out yet.

I'll keep y'all posted as things develop.

Comment

Bummer on no lefty #3s

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                          Pleased to see all of the interest in the 22 option! Don't think we will be able to do lefties on that platform though, unfortunately.

Somewhere out there, is an APR contour carbon barrel trying to find its way home through the UPS system. If it ever actually gets here, I'll mock up a light weight Maverick platform like I mentioned earlier. I think it will check a lot of boxes for folks.

I've looked at several chassis options for concept #2. The folder takes us down to just a few really good options, and all are going to have significantly long timelines based on the conversations I've had to date. A fixed version would open up the possibilities, but it loses some of the utility I had envisioned. My first choice right now is the XLR Element 4.0.........which isn't out yet.

I'll keep y'all posted as things develop.

I just so happen to need an element for a short action that I can move around haha. Excited to see this mock up.

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                            I likey.....

Comment

Just so you #3 guys know...

Rifle Specs * Caliber 22 Long Rifle Action Bergara B-14 w/ Area 419 30 MOA Rail Barrel Bergara Sendero 1-16 Twist Barrel Length 18" Barrel Fluting None Bottom Metal Hawkins DBM with 10rnd Magazine Threading 1/2x28 w/ Harrell's Tuner Trigger Trigger Tech Primary Bolt Fluting None Stock AG Composites Gladius w/ Heavy Fil

Comment

So..............how many of you guys that are liking the #2 concept would still want to see this remaining as an option if it did not have a folding stock?

Comment

Working...
                                X