Anxiously awaiting any more info.

Comment

Following . Iā€™d like an 18ā€-20ā€ 308

Comment

Number 3 sounds good.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
          What does that mean "+P"???

I assume its higher pressure but how to you achieve that? Open the throat/ neck up a little? If so I think that is what Robert did to my 6.5 SAUM just never heard it referred to as +P.
          The engaging lands are cut to a slightly larger diameter and then angled down to the barrel's predetermined lands. Watch those +P throats, though. They can be (not always) a little more finicky to reload for and, like Tropy8 said, they can eat a throat quicker. Also, you HAVE TO reload if you get a +P throat. If not, you'll lose velocity with factory ammo since the pressure is decreased. Also, they're pretty useless in shorter barrels and calibers that like shorter barrels (i.e., 308's derivatives and whatnot) because there isn't enough case capacity to add more powder. That being said, if you want a stouter cartridge with plenty of capacity in a longer barrel (26"+) then a +P, or bore rider, may be a really good fit.
          Last edited by kck; 12-23-2020, 09:16 AM.

Comment

For what its worth......... I've replaced 3 barrels for customers recently that had the "+P" treatment mentioned on ELR rigs that were less than pleased with the results. I've never ran one personally, but looking through a scope at the take-offs I assure you I never will. A bore rider throat is a much more conservative approach that works, if you are willing to accept the shorter life that is the trade-off for having shorter lands in the leade portion of the throat. Keep in mind that most lands at full profile are only about .004" tall. Take away half of that and there's not much material left to stand up to the fire/heat erosion that is concentrated in that exact portion of the barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
              For what its worth......... I've replaced 3 barrels for customers recently that had the "+P" treatment mentioned on ELR rigs that were less than pleased with the results. I've never ran one personally, but looking through a scope at the take-offs I assure you I never will. A bore rider throat is a much more conservative approach that works, if you are willing to accept the shorter life that is the trade-off for having shorter lands in the leade portion of the throat. Keep in mind that most lands at full profile are only about .004" tall. Take away half of that and there's not much material left to stand up to the fire/heat erosion that is concentrated in that exact portion of the barrel.

Quality info thanks for sharing! Looks like Iā€™ll stick with the 260AI

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Robert, do you think the bore riders trump the +P due to the shallower lead angle? The bore riders are usually like 1 degree as opposed to the +P at like 3 degrees (I may be off on those numbers)? The only two reamers I have in a bore rider are a 7 mag and a 338 but I inherited those and havenā€™t cut a chamber with them yet.

Comment

Just saw this post. I’d be down for 2 or 3

Comment

Number 2 here - and maybe a number 3 too

Comment

I am intrigued by #2, especially if 7-08ai is a possibility. Interested to hear more details about this one.

Comment

Any idea which lightweight chassis we are looking at in the case of a #2 build?

Comment

I have been wanting to do something like #3 for a long time. If any way possibly do this or let me know of what kind of build is put there in high end 22.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                            My idea is as stated above in a post but not in line with the 3 options.

Def An-Ti
                            Muller or Proof barrel
                            AG stock in apr hunter

You could throw the chasis stock as an option as well. I dont know too much about a light weight chasis but that part sounds interesting.

What's the maximum internal mag length on the chassis?
                            Will a chassis accommodate WSM sized rounds?
                            Is the chassis DBM only?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

This one may have legs. We have a carbon fiber version of the APR contour that will will work in that stock now!

This sounds like a nice build.

Comment

Following along. Wanting a new rifle in 6.5prc

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Ill have one mocked up next week. It's a product we were eventually planning on offering for 2021. Maybe TBH will get first shot at it, and at a discount!
                                Still planning mocking up one to show us?

Comment

Working...
                                X