Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Classic pinball machine refurbish/repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Framed and matted the flyers this evening.

Not a huge update, but it’s something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

New digital score displays have arrived! This is an assembly kit Vs. a ready made product. My soldering/circuitry skills should be good enough for this, but we’re gonna find out. I’ll be in Arlington this weekend for the A&M game, so assembly will have to wait until next week.

Comment

Wow, cool project! I think the helo fits right in.

Comment

I'm mesmerized by this transformation. It's a huge amount of work and you are doing an amazing job!

Comment

Just curious, are there a lot of parts available for the old girl, or are you scouring the far corners of the internet? Keep up the great work, details, and pics.

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
              Just curious, are there a lot of parts available for the old girl, or are you scouring the far corners of the internet? Keep up the great work, details, and pics.

It depends on what your working on with machine. Mechanical parts are fairly universal and readily available (coils, plungers, sleeves, fuses). Original plastics can be tough, but not impossible.

The great thing about my machine, is that it’s what is called an 11B machine. 11B referring to the computer board it uses for gameplay/sounds. The 11 series of pinball machines has a huge following, therefore there’s enough demand for reproduction parts.

The one part that is hard to find that is quality in the CPU itself. For years no one produced reproduction boards and if yours crapped out of suffered alkaline damage you were SOL. There are now a couple builders who can reproduce a the 11B boards. The first one I ordered was a Chinese made product that was awful. Game wouldn’t even boot up.

The one on order now is by a reputable builder who builds them by hand and is a build to order basis. They aren’t cheap either lol.

Comment

The detail on that turtle is solid

Comment

Originally posted by GarrettH View Post
                  The detail on that turtle is solid

Haha right? People weren’t offended by much in the 80s

Comment

Started on score display last night. Gonna try to knock them out this afternoon.

Comment

New score displays are complete, but I won’t able to test them until CPU arrives next month! It was ALOT of soldering, but I got it done. Overall it was a pretty fun and easy kit to assemble.

Comment

This is super cool!!!

Comment

Have nearly completed “shopping” the bottom of playfield. So far I have pulled all but one coil assembly for disassembly/cleaning. It’s a tedious process, but is also one that I don’t has ever been done on this machine. I can say It won’t be another 33 years before it gets done again, but this will go a long way.

Also got an update on on the CPU. Builder said I SHOULD have it by end of month, so that is still on track!

Comment

Just to let ya know, I'ma following even if I don't post. Got your thread in my subscribed.
                            And I'll be wait-n right there with ya on get-n the CPU~!

Comment

Also realized that I keep mentioning the CPU, but have never shown pictures of original CPU and why it is being replaced. There was a AA battery holder in the middle top portion of main CPU. Those batteries were left in for years. They finally popped and caused major alkaline damage to entire board. Sometimes the damage can be cleaned and repaired, but this one was well beyond that sadly. Wish I could have saved this one. Because the replacement is big $$$

Comment

That thing is gonna provide hours of beer drinking entertainment. So cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X