Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats awesome!

Comment

Also forgot to mention some items that will be displayed around machine when everything is done. Ordered some original flyers for game, and also located the promotional toy car for the game. The original promotional items were the Police Force hat, the toy car, a police note pad.

Still looking for the hat (pretty rare)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Everyone blazing away with at least semi auto and the lion has a revolver. You did a great job on the restoration.

Comment

Originally posted by doright View Post
          Everyone blazing away with at least semi auto and the lion has a revolver. You did a great job on the restoration.

Still along way to go (machine wise), but it’s been a lot of fun. Next stage will be under playfield work, gotta pull all coils to clean sleeves, plungers, and springs. Also need to check every under field wire for continuity and any damage. For the most part, it looks pretty good under there. Also have ordered the LEDs for under field.

This is an older photo from when I brought it home

Comment

Progress has been slow this slow this last week. I am currently in Vegas and stopped by the Pinball Hall of Fame. Super cool place. Free admission into building. Just change you bills to quarters and off you go! So many new and classic machines here. Very inexpensive/fun time, which is hard to find in Vegas. I highly recommend this to anyone who played arcade games growing up.

Comment

Originally posted by BOWtechnicianTX View Post
              Progress has been slow this slow this last week. I am currently in Vegas and stopped by the Pinball Hall of Fame. Super cool place. Free admission into building. Just change you bills to quarters and off you go! So many new and classic machines here. Very inexpensive/fun time, which is hard to find in Vegas. I highly recommend this to anyone who played arcade games growing up.

Did they have your machine there??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                Did they have your machine there??

Sadly no. I was hoping to see it, and get a chance to get a feel for the game. Taxi was there, and I played that, along with a lot of other titles. Was a lot of fun.

Comment

I would think that the fact that a pinball collection museum doesn't even have one the one you got ..would make it even more valuable.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                    I would think that the fact that a pinball collection museum doesn't even have one the one you got ..would make it even more valuable.

I meant to ask the owner if they kept machines in back and possibly swapped titles from to time to time to keep things new. But I completely forgot.

Comment

Got home from my trip today and had a few small
                      boxes waiting. One of which was the under field LEDs. Swapped the remaining incandescent bulbs out and machine is now fully LED with exception to 5 flasher bulbs that I have been advised to leave as incandescent due to flasher LEDs being so blinding during gameplay. Also received my promotional you car that will be displayed with machine.

Comment

The other box I received is something I’d like y’all’s opinion on. Often times pinball machines with have “mods” available to either add another light feature or just add a playfield decoration to set that machine apart from others. There are really no true “mods” for this title, but I got the idea to add a vintage matchbox police helicopter to piece of clear plastic that covers the inner ramp. I ordered a helicopter that I felt fit the style and age of the machine. I plan to install a small micro LED in cab of the helicopter, that will be part of the general illumination and stay on at all times. The helicopter is a 1982 matchbox, so I wouldn’t be adding a new item to a vintage machine.

Also ordered all new score displays that should be here end of the week. Its a kit that you assemble/solder on your own. I’m looking forward to that update!

Comment

I like vintage matchbox police helicopter added to it.

Comment

Incredible resto so far, thanks for taking us along! I vote no on the helicopter but it certainly doesn't look out of place and if you're keeping the machine in your house then do what makes you happy.

Comment

Could the helicopter hurt the resale?

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                                Could the helicopter hurt the resale?

I currently don’t have plans to sell (I can’t let things go lol). But it would be a removable mod. Would probably get my constant from one of the popper lights. I’d find a way to attach the helicopter where it could taken off pretty easily

Comment

Working...
                                X