german luger help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

german luger help?

might have run into a holy grail? wife has a friend whos dad pass away he was a ww2 vet. she knew that i was a hunter and ask the wife if i could come over and tell her about her dads firearms and what she could do with them. we go over and take a look. got some rems and wins rifles 2 nice shotguns 3 handguns. then she said i have one more box in a safe. she comes back with a wood box and pair of whit gloves. she tells me her dad always put on the white gloves when he had the gun out. i put the gloves on and open the box. we have i think is a looks like new Waffen-SS 9mm luger. who should i ask if its the real deal? thanks

Please post pics. I have to see them

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thing to check is if all parts are matching serial numbers. After that, look at finish and engraving. Officer's models had much finer finish and sometimes engraved with Name rank unit etc. A friend of mine acquired a German artillery officers model back in the early 70's that had all that plus it had the longer barrel, snail drum magazine and a small wooden stock that attached to turn it into a rifle all of this in the original leather holster. I saw him turn down $15k for it back in the 70's at Dallas gun show. Collectors everywhere where trying to get it from him. AFAIK he still has it. Serial numbering is everything and will help determine value, where it was made and who it was issued to.

Comment

Something along these lines will very valuable https://phoenixinvestmentarms.com/1967DWM16.htm

Comment

Working...
        X