Baseball - Winter signings and trades.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baseball - Winter signings and trades.

Looks like Boston is ramping up this winter. Looks like they have shored up their pitching and also have signed Mitch Moreland a free agent from the Rangers.

I kinda figured he would end up an Astro.

Yep, they just added Sale, to go with Porcello and Price! They're definitely the team to beat in the AL east. Just gave up prospects for sale.

Comment

We signed the idiot to one year. Glad to see he'll be back. He really turned it on in Arlington. Still need a starter

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

I hope the best for Moreland in Boston. I hope he's mentally geared up for it. Boston Red Sox fans are a different animal than Rangers fans. Hopefully he'll do well.

I really hope the Rangers find a good first baseman. I have no idea who it would be. Maybe Profar. It better not be Gallo.

Hopefully JD can find a starter and a left fielder. I think the club wants Choo to be the full time DH. Time will tell the tale.

Fun days...

Comment

Originally posted by rossivey View Post
          We signed the idiot to one year. Glad to see he'll be back. He really turned it on in Arlington. Still need a starter

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
          Beltre kept Gomez focused, for the most part. One-year, $11.5 million seems about right -- he can be spectacular at times.

Comment

looks like Desmond went to the Rockies. Rangers got some revamping to do this year.

Comment

Rangers will give away the farm again for a top player.....their team is in win now mode and will be rebuilding in 2-4 years

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                Rangers will give away the farm again for a top player.....their team is in win now mode and will be rebuilding in 2-4 years
                Hence the problem. There's not that much left in the farm system. Per article in DMN yesterday, JD trying to "thread the needle" in having a playoff caliber club this year and having a contending club for years to come. Seems like a lot of holes to fill to me.

1B? Supposedly some combo of: Gallo, Profar, Rua and others
                Need an outfielder.
                Need pitching.
                Need pitching.
                Beltre' isn't getting any younger.

We'll see...

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                  Hence the problem. There's not that much left in the farm system. Per article in DMN yesterday, JD trying to "thread the needle" in having a playoff caliber club this year and having a contending club for years to come. Seems like a lot of holes to fill to me.

1B? Supposedly some combo of: Gallo, Profar, Rua and others
                  Need an outfielder.
                  Need pitching.
                  Need pitching.
                  Beltre' isn't getting any younger.

We'll see...
                  You hit the nail on the head! He is trying to keep yalls Rangers fans happy

THis has got to be Gallo's best shot....he is like SIngleton for us! a AAAA guy

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                    You hit the nail on the head! He is trying to keep yalls Rangers fans happy

THis has got to be Gallo's best shot....he is like SIngleton for us! a AAAA guy
                    I hope i'm way wrong, but i don't see Gallo as a MLB player. I swear there were evenings last season when he took and 0 for fill in the blank, and his bat never touched a pitched ball. I totally agree on the 4A assessment. But we'll see...

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                      I hope i'm way wrong, but i don't see Gallo as a MLB player. I swear there were evenings last season when he took and 0 for fill in the blank, and his bat never touched a pitched ball. I totally agree on the 4A assessment. But we'll see...
                      People said the same thing about Chris Davis. Not that I don't have my own reservations about Gallo, but sometimes the smallest adjustments make the biggest difference. Davis started hitting bombs when he started doing tee work.

Comment

Could be. I think Chris Davis was never going to happen in Arlington. We'll never know. I don't think Gallo has it between the ears. Again, i hope i'm wrong. We'll begin to find out in about 3 months.

Comment

I have been wondering why the Rangers have not yet talked to Darvish about an extension. If he has a good year (and stays healthy) the free agent sweepstakes for him will be ridiculous. Knowing he will be gone next year without an extension, some have even said the Rangers should trade him now for a decent starter and some top prospects to replenish the system. I cannot see that happening since apparently Daniels thinks he can fill the holes and position the roster for a deep run in 2017.

Comment

Yankees just got Matt Holiday

Comment

Hope the Jorge Soler for Wade Davis goes through. Cubs could use the arm and we have a crowded outfield already.

Comment

Working...
                              X