Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does everyone plan to use during dove season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't be able to take that out shane...I have the ability to dink up my user guns on their first outing so I normally avoid paying any addy for nice wood.

My 682 was about as blah as you could get & this one was the only zoli in the shop to choose from & while not top shelf, it's a pretty rig...I've actually kept this one clean so far.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
      If the guns make it across the pond by September, going to give the 28's a break and give this a try
      Didn't even know this was a thing. Bet that little scattergun will be a blast.

Comment

I'll continue to use my old Remington 3200. I used the 28 gauge barrels last year, but will probably go back to the 20 gauge barrels this year. I'll shoot this gun until it literally falls apart in my hands.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by SabreKiller; 05-28-2021, 02:02 PM.

Comment

I'll probably start with my first. A H&R Modle 58 Topper .410 single shot for openers. It's always a blast when they are flying good. Then switch to a custom Fox BST with single trigger in full and full. Or maybe the Berreta A400 Extreme just to get some practice in. If I'm having to walk them up, it's the 870 Express Youth and Ladies model 20ga. Or break out one of the others that I haven't shot yet. Or haven't shot in a while. I seldom use anything exclusively, for just dove season.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
            I wouldn't be able to take that out shane...I have the ability to dink up my user guns on their first outing so I normally avoid paying any addy for nice wood.

My 682 was about as blah as you could get & this one was the only zoli in the shop to choose from & while not top shelf, it's a pretty rig...I've actually kept this one clean so far.
            I do my best to keep my guns clean and in good shape. But I buy them to use. Handling marks just add character.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
              I used to take my girlfriend and let her jump out and ugly them to death. Had to quit that cause she was tearing them up too bad.

Now I just us my old Benelli M1 super 90 12 ga.
              I can't quit laughing! Almost like a doobie laugh dawg! I've never heard that one!
              Anyhoo, if I had any guns, I'd take an O/U SKB 20 pop.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                Thanks. Here's some closeups. It's laser engraving, not hand engraved. Still pretty though.
                Shane, thanks for those close up pics of your beautiful shotgun. On opening day you will be filling your limit with one of the best looking shotguns in Texas, and therefore in the World. Good luck, and be sure to post the tailgate results of this beauty.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
                  Shane, thanks for those close up pics of your beautiful shotgun. On opening day you will be filling your limit with one of the best looking shotguns in Texas, and therefore in the World. Good luck, and be sure to post the tailgate results of this beauty.
                  Yes, thank you. VERY nice

Comment

I was able to find some 7 1/2 and 8’s today. I prefer 7 1/2 and 7’s. Winchester and Rio’s.

Comment

My new Yildiz 20g over and under but for back up I will bring along the old trusty 20g Sears, Ted Williams pump.

Comment

410 pump, or bolt action .. fiocchi #8.

Comment

Originally posted by W-O View Post
                          My new Yildiz 20g over and under but for back up I will bring along the old trusty 20g Sears, Ted Williams pump.

I have one too, built in the 70’s. My Dad bought it for my Mom and she no longer uses. Ted Williams Model 200 20Ga.
                          Basically a Winchester model 1200 sold in Sears. Its a sweeeeet shooting gun. I grew up killing ducks with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Found 4 more 100 round boxes of Winchester 7 1/2 shot.

Comment

Yah, that 7.5 is what I like too. Especially in the .410. I've tried 8s. But lost to many crips in tall grass. 7.5 seems to fold them up better for most of my guns. I even use 6s in my SxS Fox with full and full. It's reach out there with some of my mag 1-1/8oz #6s home loads.

Comment

I can’t believe no one has mentioned using milo as their go to!

Comment

Working...
                                X