Red dot on EDC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QuackHunter View Post
    Not disagreeing with you but I’ve seen on several occasions irons disappear off of slides or drift heavily. I’ve also seen factory glock sights break. Everything has its own set of flaws to worry about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree they can and I've lost a few. Since I've started using steel sights with a set screw and loctite I have not had a problem.

Comment

Here is a pic of mine .
      Attached Files

Comment

Many setups allow the irons to stay in place and be used through the RDS. Irons can absolutely fail and break.

Red dots on a handgun take practice, but some of that can be free with dry fire. Once you are proficient with a red dot it will make you a better shooter with irons too.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Lmfao. This is awesome.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, it seems to be about as 50/50 as it gets. I think I'll save up and buy a nice one for my 43x just to see if I like it. If I end up thinking I'd rather not have it y'all might see it come up in the classifieds lol

Comment

I’m going to buy a 48 mos and get an optic mounted semi soon. The more I mess with them the more I like em.

Comment

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ofx6BDmMyjA"]Holosun 509T at 10K rounds - YouTube[/ame]

I’d check out some of this guys reviews, he does a 10,000 round review dropping on concrete every 500 rounds and no telling how many 1 handed slide manipulations using the optic on wooden posts and steel targets...if he recommends an optic for duty use (police) it will probably be ok for edc....

Comment

I have a vortex viper on my Glock 23 I like it, but makes it harder to conceal. Also for people worried about battery dying you can sill use your iron sights.

Comment

I have a Holosun on my G23 with co-witness sites. Tried some adapter plates for the mount and didn't like them. Ended up having the slide milled and it's been great. Did take some training to get used to the Holosun.

Comment

I carry a G48 MOS with 507K on it daily. Yesterday while at the river I was able to jump out and make a perfect shoulder shot on a small boar at 60 yds quickly unsupported. 9mm didn’t have enough *** to kill him (at least not on the spot) but I watched dust fly off his shoulder. That was a quick draw and fire. I can shoot decently with irons, but that shot would have taken much more concentration to pull off.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                          I’m going to buy a 48 mos and get an optic mounted semi soon. The more I mess with them the more I like em.
                          Just did this myself...put a 507k on it and have an Overwatch trigger coming in for it this week as well. I'm loving it thus far.

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                          I carry a G48 MOS with 507K on it daily. Yesterday while at the river I was able to jump out and make a perfect shoulder shot on a small boar at 60 yds quickly unsupported. 9mm didn’t have enough *** to kill him (at least not on the spot) but I watched dust fly off his shoulder. That was a quick draw and fire. I can shoot decently with irons, but that shot would have taken much more concentration to pull off.
                          Very nice. You using the S15 mags? I'm on like a dozen notification lists for a few, but am getting impatient

Comment

Originally posted by H-D View Post

Very nice. You using the S15 mags? I'm on like a dozen notification lists for a few, but am getting impatient
                            Best way to get them is to go ahead and back order them on Shield’s website. Think it took about a month to get mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by H-D View Post
                              Just did this myself...put a 507k on it and have an Overwatch trigger coming in for it this week as well. I'm loving it thus far.

Yes. I backordered them through Shield as Kanyon stated. I’ve been extremely pleased with them up until yesterday. I had an issue with my spare mag coming apart in my pocket. I carry a spare mag using the Neomag carrier that Shield sells. Not sure which is to blame, but I’m not exactly enthusiastic about it. I’m waiting to see what their response is.

That’s the exact setup I’m running. 48 MOS with Overwatch trigger and connector with a 507K on top running S15 mags. I’ve actually got a second MOS I may order another 507K for today.

Comment

I guess I'm going to stir the pot a little bit here...

One of my best friends is currently in a high speed unit that I'm not going to name. We were just having this conversation the other day. They did a ton of testing and brought in a lot of real world experience before they switched over. They run Glock 19's with Trijicon MRO's on all of their secondary's now. They know a lot more than the key board warriors do on a bow hunting website.

However, Personally I don't run one. I shoot IDPA Stock service pistol class, so I'm just used to running my Trijicon HD iron sights.

Comment

Working...
                                X