Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hell no. Good bonfire material

Comment

I hear the tex rep from south Houston, Gene Wu, really likes it. You Houston guys that follow Wu might go on his recommendation. Lol

In the meantime, I'm on Killing Lincoln. Phenomenal so far

Comment

All this history revisionism in the name of woke is a steaming pile of wrong.

Comment

Woke slickers are the only people who will purchase that book and support the idiot who wrote it.

Comment

Never.

Comment

Any true son of Texas would gladly take a place on the wall of the Alamo if fate offered him the chance.I believe that makes folks who don't have our history a little jealous of us.

Comment

Read north from Mexico & With Santa Anna in Texas: A Personal Narrative of the Revolution.1st , lots of the told story about the battle of the Alamo is Parable based off myths
                Will do. Thanks for the suggestion!

AGMTB07, thanks for posting that piece by Patterson....very interesting.

I'm currently as to why you want to read it though.
                The book was not on my radar until it popped up in my Twitter feed earlier this week. There was a big hubbub in Austin when a bookstore cancelled an event to promote the book. Dan Patrick is vocally against it. All the media coverage got me a bit curious. I recently read another alt-history version of the Alamo based on the De La Pena Letters, and it was a good read. I thought I'd give this a shot as well.

Please bump this thread back to the top when you done reading the book Simek and give us your honest thoughts.
                Will do!

Again, thanks for the civil conversation.

Comment

I just saw this pop up in Twitter. Should be interesting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	lettr.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	24657010

Comment

Carp is a dang good eating fish, so are saltwater cats.

Comment

I'd be interested in reading it if it came from a remotely unbiased author. However, after having read Tomlinson's work in the Chron for years, I know he is anything but that unfortunately.

Comment

Im rewriting a history book due out in the future, here are the first 247 pages

What you think?

Comment

It's always good to read other peoples stuff especially people who don't agree with you or don't see the world the way you do, respect for giving it go OP. Gives you a chance to see another prospective and/or solidify your beliefs against another opinion.

Comment

Even bad news is good news when you’re selling a book. They will make money.

Comment

Originally posted by wow View Post
                              Im rewriting a history book due out in the future, here are the first 247 pages

What you think?
                              It’s about as knowledgeable as previously printed history books
                              It’s petty common knowledge that the Texas army was fighting for free land as payment, and not against anti slavery views in Mexico City
                              Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 07-16-2021, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                                That’ll be required reading in Texas History class before too long.
                                That might be the only time, I'd be in favor of burning a book.

Comment

Working...
                                X