Thread about church

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Katsaregood View Post
    This ISN’T about bashing or saying one religion is better than another. What it is about is just an observation. I was invited to a church that believes you can’t get into Heaven without being baptized in their presence. They are so focused on baptizing that they’ll stop the church service to hurry and dunk people. Ok, so that’s their beliefs and I didn’t go there to judge or anything else. What is bothersome is how they are so forceful about it and will pressure kids unaccompanied by parents. I don’t like that at all. That’s something that should be done only with the parents being present and not forcing a kid. The entire congregation will put pressure on newcomers and act like their church is the gate to Heaven. There shouldn’t be this forcefulness going on at all. In my opinion, that’s one way to cause people to not want anything to do with that church. That’s the first church I’ve been to like that and needless to say, I won’t be going back to that one.
    Not in scripture and IMO straight bs, keep on walking.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
      Not in scripture and IMO straight bs, keep on walking.
      X2

Comment

Nothing should be forced on anyone, the decision to become a Christian is supposed to be all about Free Will and understanding the enormity of the decision that is being made. That being said I do believe baptism is a necessary step towards salvation.
        - Matthew 28:19 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,"
        Jesus called for his disciples to be baptized
        - Acts 3:38 "Then Peter said to them, Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."
        Baptism washes you clean of your sins
        - 1 Peter 3:20-21 "who formerly were disobedient, when once the Divine longsuffering waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight souls, were saved through water. There is also an antitype which now saves us—baptism (not the removal of the filth of the flesh, abut the answer of a good conscience toward God), through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,"
        Baptism into Christ saves us
        -Mark 16:16 "He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned."
        Baptism coupled with belief leads to salvation

All that being said I am not condoning the church you have referenced it sounds like they are taking things to far. True baptism shouldn't be and can't be forced, it has to be the result of oneself deciding to give their lives to Christ whether their family agrees with it or not. Baptism isn't about congregational membership, it isn't about peer pressure, it's about joining THE CHURCH aka Christ's body and accepting your ticket to eternity with him in heaven.

Comment

-Romans 10:9 “that it you confess in your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.”

I’m not sure I’d God requires baptism or not, but I took the dunk after receiving my salvation. I like to cover my bases.

Related to the OP… yeah that’s some weird stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            Sounds more like a cult than a church.
            I was gonna say, Jim Jones operated in a similar fashion...

Comment

A person should be old enough and wise enough to understand just what baptism means and is rational enough to accept the conditions set forth in the Bible. Someone who has been bribed, pressured or not of age or sound mind does not have the knowledge to accept Christ as their saviour. And anyone who is in their right mind and who wholeheartedly accepts Christ and begs forgiveness for their sins are forgiven. Just my thoughts

Comment

Working...
              X