X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 today. Duke trap

Comment

2021 Coon Carnage Count Thread

A greedy #57. Backyard is paying off right now.

Comment

Comment

Mr Stickers

These ain't mine they are Mr Stickers. He will be along shortly for the tally.
          Attached Files

Comment

2 yesterday and 1 day before

#61 + whatever roughneck266 ends up with

Comment

+9 that Roughneck266 posted for me =#70...... The oatmeal pies are worth thier weight in coons everytime we use that all 9 traps are loaded

Comment

Caught a mud coon a few days ago. Duke's and persimmon corn.
                Attached Files

Comment

#72 from a few days ago.

Comment

Hey Smart, do Mississippi coons count or just Texas coons? They’re all related right?

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald G View Post
                      Hey Smart, do Mississippi coons count or just Texas coons? They’re all related right?

Yup...this is for TBH coons..

Comment

This is a thread i can get behind!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          Yup...this is for TBH coons..
                          Ok, I don’t remember how many we killed last year, but me and a buddy are getting ready to thin the herd around here next month after deer season ends.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5722.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	324.0 KB
ID:	24641129

Took 13 off of this feeder starting late summer. Already had a pic with 4 in it. Went ahead and set a DP by protein feeder too

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Happy New Year! 2020 sucked but hopefully deer season turned it around for you! It certainly helped mine.[emoji41]

Aight folks ...we had 2017 with 1781 coons, 2018 with 860, 2019 w/ 791 and 2020 w/ 1369 meeting their demise. That’s 4,801 confirmed food bills paid!.....

Bring on a bountiful 2021 for helping save those turkey and quail eggs as well as those feeder timers and solar panels..

Most of us already have our traps but in case some folks don't, I'm going to repost the pics I did last year in case somebody wants to jump into the fun. If you don't have any coon cuffs/dogproof traps, here is your motivation to go get a set or two or 10... Gun kills qualify too. Hell let's add TBHer vehicle kills as well because a dead coon is a dead coon....but don't do anything stupid trying to get one with your BF Goodrich.

When you get one or some, post your number and add it to the current running total.

Also if you don't mind, list how you got them... ie, trap type, bait used, or weapon if hunting them ....or of course vehicle kill. Listing will hopefully help some folks get and idea if they are new to it and want to start up.

We'll get after them hot and heavy this March and April and on any of our trips out west on lease work trips this summer using Duke dogproofs corn, protein and/or marshmallows....

Good luck!

]
                              Not sure why i didn't add my coons here in 2020.
                              I'll post em up this year.

Question: I want a couple of my hides turned into Davey Crockett style hats for my kids
                              Know anyone who does this using my pelts?

Comment

So im ready to tackle our coon problem. We have several feeders that have 6-7 around them. Im guessing the Dukes coon trap is the best way to go. I woudnt mind catching a coyote as a by catch too but guessing they wont take the coon bait.

Do we have a consensus on what the best bait is? I see anything from corn/protein, marshmellows to cat foot.

Thanks for the tips

Comment

Working...
                                X