No announcement yet.

KCA Ranch. A Work in Progress.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About 30 more loads of select fill yesterday. Turning into the house on a hill...

Due to the sandy loam soil and pretty severe slope, it took about 48 loads of select fill dirt to get the pad completed.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad to see this coming along Chew.

Comment

Crazy size of this pad...

Comment

Looking good Chew. I know y’all are excited about seeing the progress. That underbrush work you had done looks good.
          As a suggestion when you do get your siding of choice on your home, until there is grass growing, to keep the dirt from splashing up on the sides during rains you can put hay around the base of it. I put down hay around ours to keep it from getting on the brick when it was new, but our 60/40 came from red dirt Nacogdoches County. We also had a significant slope on our pad also and it was poured about this time of year also. I tried all kinds of grass seed etc to keep it from washing off during heavy rains. I even tried terracing it with my blade/box blade without any luck. What finally stopped it was railroad ties until I got my permanent yard going good.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
            Looking good Chew. I know y’all are excited about seeing the progress. That underbrush work you had done looks good.
            As a suggestion when you do get your siding of choice on your home, until there is grass growing, to keep the dirt from splashing up on the sides during rains you can put hay around the base of it. I put down hay around ours to keep it from getting on the brick when it was new, but our 60/40 came from red dirt Nacogdoches County. We also had a significant slope on our pad also and it was poured about this time of year also. I tried all kinds of grass seed etc to keep it from washing off during heavy rains. I even tried terracing it with my blade/box blade without any luck. What finally stopped it was railroad ties until I got my permanent yard going good.
            Thanks for the info. How to exactly did you use the railroad ties?

Comment

PM sent

Comment

More work this morning. They did some trenching and formwork.

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

. Now, you can actually visulize it.

Comment

It's a ranch

It's your place, call it what you want. Living the dream from what I see. Congrats!

Comment

Big elm tree going down.

Comment

Comment

Hey Bobby I spent the weekend at my dad's place on his tractor picking up huge limbs and small trees that succumbed to the freeze. He's west of town on 7 about 8 miles or so. How bad did you guys get it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                            Hey Bobby I spent the weekend at my dad's place on his tractor picking up huge limbs and small trees that succumbed to the freeze. He's west of town on 7 about 8 miles or so. How bad did you guys get it?
                            Shane, it wasn't too bad. Lotta pine limbs. It sounded like a war with all the limbs breaking around us.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                              Shane, it wasn't too bad. Lotta pine limbs. It sounded like a war with all the limbs breaking around us.

That's what he said, sounded terrible. I think East of town did a lot better than West!

Your place is looking good amigo, good luck with that build!

Comment

Lots of technical jargon/plumbing terms that are probably over yalls' heads:

Comment

Working...
                                X