Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And kill everyone you can!

Comment

A1 is tore up with hog sign at Aquilla, but only ever saw one on camera late night. None in person.

Comment

It was rough, windy, wet, and I was a little under dressed today. But finally got back to the ramp safely around 2PM. Then the wind laid. And the rain stopped, before I left the ramp at 3PM.

Comment

Fish or ducks?

Comment

We were after ducks. Only saw 4 flights. Only 1 gave a look from 70 yards out. Wind was a steady 22+ at one point after 9AM, a couple times. And gust got up to 30. It started white capping each time. We spent an hour trying to get my boat unstuck from the bank. I had anchor out and motor tilted/staked down in the mud to keep it from moving. And it still got blown up into the shallow water. Skeg left a good trail.

Weather forecast I had wasn't supposed to do that. Or I wouldn't have gone.

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!
            Last edited by Texas Grown; 01-30-2023, 06:30 AM.

Comment

At least you got out and back. Time for white bass and crappie now, assuming we have any water. I'm thinking I'll run up the Brazos above Granbury and see what's up there about the middle of February.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                At least you got out and back. Time for white bass and crappie now, assuming we have any water. I'm thinking I'll run up the Brazos above Granbury and see what's up there about the middle of February.

Around Tintop?

I'ma gonna stick with below Grandbury, from the Grandbury dam to the Whitney Dam.

Comment

Yep.

It's just close. If I don't find anything down there I'll probably put in somewhere between GB and Whitney. Maybe use the kayak...assuming I can get my fat rear end in it without sinking.

Comment

W lake has been holding 6-3/4 to 7 foot low for a while now. No water to release up stream. But PK still might a couple times to wash the river out. And promote "natural occurrences". The Trinity River system is in better shape than the Brazos or Colorado. We need some rain and run-off bad, still. Or there's not going to be a sandie run in the Brazos or Nolen. Whole state needs it.

Comment

I need to call and see If’n Hamm creek ramp is open.

Ready to get the yak wet.

Comment

Looks like the W lake has come up a little over an inch in the last 24 hours. A lake has come up tad over 3". We still need a whole lot more. Maybe this next storm system will bring us more.

On another note, I drove over Mustang Creek bridge on Hwy 1187 on my way home today. You couldn't see bottom anywhere. Checked the Benbrook lake level. And it has come up almost a foot in the last 24 hours. I expect it to come up a bit more. More ramps should be usable now at 3.13 foot low.

Comment

Mike, I got a wee bit over 2 “ of rain at my house.

The back 40 is standing in water. Wish it would drain down south.

Comment

Hello For you like Whitney folks, has anyone stayed at the Rv Life trailer park. Looking for a place to keep a travel trailer for a month or two to do some fishing.

Comment

Can't say I have. Just ACE parks, Hamms, and Chislum Trail.

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Just wanted to let ya'll know, the NWTF Blackland Prairie Chapter will be having their Jake's day March 11th. It'll be in Peoria, just north of the dairy hill boat ramp.

Kids ages 6-17 are welcome. Registration is $20 and comes with a NWTF membership.

Would love to see some of ya'll there!

Comment

Working...
                                X