Official 2022-2023 LAKE WHITNEY & AQUILLA Hunting & Fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigDaddyBwHntr View Post
    Anyone out there had trouble with a PSE crossbow? I have a PSE Fang HD that i have had nothing but trouble with! Just curious if anyone else has had issue or if its just my bad luck? The right limb has busted twice after being cocked between an hour and an hour and a half, just when i thought we finally got that fixed, the very next hunt the string snapped! I just got this bow in May and have shot it maybe 20 time lol... I dont get it!
    PSE had a lot of trouble with the TAC when they released it. But kept selling them anyway.

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Ive seen some recalls, but not for the Fang HD 405fps.... Craziest thing, the right limb snapped after a little over an hour, took it to the bow shop, they replaced the limbs and necessary parts. Very first hunt after getting it back, same thing, same limb... now the string? I guess its just my bad luck, par for the season i suppose.

Comment

BDBH post this up on "Equipment and Tuning", you may be able to get more information that way.

Comment

Thanks D P

Comment

Anyone hunting this last weekend? Hoping to get out there and stick something.

Comment

Nope. But I might be fishing.

Comment

Headed on a guided striper trip tomorrow at the lake. Hope to get into some.

Comment

The best to ya, Justin. Should be easy as most should be school-n up for the spring migration. Who you going with?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                    The best to ya, Justin. Should be easy as most should be school-n up for the spring migration. Who you going with?
                    Pat Small. We had our four man limit in about an hour and a half.

Comment

I've seen him at some of the ramps with clients. And have heard great things about him. Good choice. And congrats on the fish.

Comment

I was hoping to make the last two weekends of duck season. Water muffed my OB last night. Started right up. But wasn't putting out water. Searched all over for the spare impeller. Couldn't find it. Ordered 3 last night. Now, it's a waiting game to see if they come in before the weekend. I need to get some more fish in the freezer too, for Bownanza. Will have the Livescope up and running after duck. Hopfully, we get some great rains soon! And get the water flowing!

Comment

Hope you get out Mike. I've about called this season. Not a good one for me with one bright exception. I may sneak out one more time but I've got 3d starting up and two hog hunts in Feb / Apr.

I may try to take the duck boat up the Brazos in search of whites and crappie. I guess the whites will start up this coming month (in bigger numbers). I always seem to arrive late to that party. Crappie will be, what, March?

Comment

White usually starts in Feb. Look for slightly warmer days when the river has a slight current. From there, it could run into late April, pending water flow and temps. Crappie will be right behind. And sometimes in with them towards the end. You can also find them schooled up and stacked up pre spawn run staging in holes and on river channel ledges. Bigger cats will do the same thing. You can see them on the graph if your side-scan is properly tuned. They don't bunch up as tight as smaller fish

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Anyone have any tips for hogs out a Whitney? Seen plenty of sign up by Steiner Valley but never seen anything but does out there.

Comment

They are in all units. Some more, some less. It's not like Granger. You just have to get out there and feed them all the time. Then hunt. They will eventually come during daylight hours. B6 seems to kill a few. So does A lake.

Comment

Working...
                                X