No announcement yet.

Replace LaPierre as VP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AC, you make a valid point, except that Justice Roberts, Bush appointee, is the reason we have Obamacare. That particular buck stopped on his desk. Again, I don’t know how good of an Executive VP West would make, none of us do. We may never know depending on what the board does. I’m a Life Endowment Member, but for the last few years each letter I got from the NRA I sent back in the return mail with a message written on their letter. It stated that they would get no more money from me until LaPierre was gone. I aim to stick with that, and evidently they believed me because I don’t get those solicitations anymore. I gave lots over the years, attended lots of banquets and bought lots of auction items. No more !
    Last edited by Drycreek3189; 05-15-2022, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
      AC, you make a valid point, except that Justice Roberts, Bush appointee, is the reason we have Obamacare. That particular buck stopped on his desk. Again, I don’t know how good of an Executive VP West would make, none of us do. We may never know depending on what the board does. I’m a Life Endowment Member, but for the last few years each letter I got from the NRA I sent back in the return mail with a message written on their letter. It stated that they would get no more money from me until LaPierre was gone. I aim to stick with that, and evidently they believed me because I don’t get those solicitations anymore. I gave lots over the years, attended lots of banquets and bought lots of auction items. No more !

The Obamacare comment was a question. You’re right, it was Justice Roberts. I vaguely remember McCain showing up for a vote that was very unpopular with conservatives. Now that I think about it maybe Trump was in office.

I also haven’t given money to the NRA in about 3 or 4 years now. I too will not as long as Wayne is running the show. I don’t like saying that because the NRA use to be the guardian of our guns rights. I do think they have lost their way and I hope there will be changes for the better coming.

Comment

I won’t send a penny to the NRA again until that crooked Lapierre is gone! He’s a crook.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
          So what would make one qualified?
          What made Wayne qualified?
          Was Trump qualified?

You were the one calling him a career politician…Even though he isn’t…
          What do you have against him?

I’m done going around in circles with you. I have nothing against Col Allen West. I’ve attended one of his speeches before. He’s a hell of a speaker and best I can tell a good man.

I also never called him a career politician.

I called him a career candidate. He’s never held any office more than two years, but he’s constantly trying to land somewhere.

You’re obviously a fan of his and somehow me telling folks to educate themselves about Col West has rubbed you wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            I’m done going around in circles with you. I have nothing against Col Allen West. I’ve attended one of his speeches before. He’s a hell of a speaker and best I can tell a good man.

I called him a career candidate. He’s never held any office more than two years.

You’re obviously a fan of his and somehow me telling folks to educate themselves about Col West has rubbed you wrong.
            Don’t get butt hurt…
            Yes, I am guilty of being a fan of those that had a distinguished career in the military.
            Just trying to figure out why you don’t think he’s qualified.
            Which you have failed to explain…

Comment

Don’t get butt hurt…
              Yes, I am guilty of being a fan of those that had a distinguished career in the military.

I’m incapable of getting butthurt

I have explained by opinions as best as I can
              (See post 40). I never said he’s a career politician and I never said I don’t think he’s qualified to be the VP of the NRA. Please read my words and don’t make them up yourself.

I have no idea if he could make a good VP or not. I said his military service doesn’t automatically make him “more than qualified.” Your quote by the way. I stand by that statement.

I’ve explained my opinions and I’ve showed his political career since leaving the military. I’m not sure what else you want from little ole me

Try adding something of substance to this thread by explaining what, in your opinion, makes him “more than qualified” to be the leader of the NRA.
              Last edited by AntlerCollector; 05-15-2022, 08:34 PM.

Comment

I’m incapable of getting butthurt

I have explained by opinions as best as I can
                (See post 40). I never said he’s a career politician and I never said I don’t think he’s qualified to be the VP of the NRA. Please read my words and don’t make them up yourself.

I have no idea if he could make a good VP or not. I said his military service doesn’t automatically make him “more than qualified.” Your quote by the way. I stand by that statement.

I’ve explained my opinions and I’ve showed his political career since leaving the military. I’m not sure what else you want from little ole me

Try adding something of substance to this thread by explaining what, in your opinion, makes him “more than qualified” to be the leader of the NRA.
                You haven’t added any substance to why he wouldn’t be a good replacement.
                Try adding substance to that.

You said “Educate yourself on Col Allen West and make an informed decision”
                What do we need to educate ourselves with? There’s obviously something you don’t like about the man. What is it?

Kermit the frog would be better than Wayne.
                Last edited by Rubi513; 05-15-2022, 08:55 PM.

Comment

You haven’t added any substance to why he wouldn’t be a good replacement.
                  Try adding substance to that.

You said “Educate yourself on Col Allen West and make an informed decision”
                  What do we need to educate ourselves with? There’s obviously something you don’t like about the man. What is it?

Kermit the frog would be better than Wayne.

AGAIN!!!! I “haven’t added any substance to why he wouldn’t be a good candidate” because I’m not convinced he wouldn’t be a good candidate. I have no idea if he would be good or not. I’ve stated this repeatedly. I can only explain it to you, I can’t understand it for you. Please try to have an open mind and re-read my comments on here. At this point your a broken record wanting me to prove something I don’t believe. Hopefully you can convince the board to vote for Kermit I guess

Comment

I don't know how much truth there is to these articles, but they highlight some of the weaknesses and failings that I have come to believe of LaPierre. It makes for interesting reading. Form your own opinion.

The head of the National Rifle Association can’t shoot, can’t schmooze, and has the “backbone of a chocolate eclair,” says a former board member—yet commands one of the most influential right-wing organizations in politics. In his new book, ‘Misfire,’ Tim Mak outlines LaPierre’s fall upward.

DALLAS (AP) — Wayne LaPierre flies exclusively on private jets, he sailed around the Bahamas for “security” and he never sends emails or texts in the course of his work running the nation's most politically influential gun-rights group.

An excerpt: To be sure, it’s not unusual for chief executives of organizations the size of the NRA to travel by private plane or live lifestyles beyond the means of most people. But LaPierre’s alleged misspending of NRA membership dues came even as the group was urging supporters to donate so that it would have enough cash to battle gun control efforts.

Board members and former NRA leaders who support LaPierre didn’t respond to requests for comment or referred questions to the NRA. Others who are skeptical of LaPierre’s leadership said the trial has only reaffirmed their concerns.

“I’m looking for the next Wayne,” said Phillip Journey, a board member and Kansas judge who is set to testify during the trial next week. “This can’t go on forever.”"

Comment

AGAIN!!!! I “haven’t added any substance to why he wouldn’t be a good candidate” because I’m not convinced he wouldn’t be a good candidate. I have no idea if he would be good or not. I’ve stated this repeatedly. I can only explain it to you, I can’t understand it for you. Please try to have an open mind and re-read my comments on here. At this point your a broken record wanting me to prove something I don’t believe. Hopefully you can convince the board to vote for Kermit I guess
                      Oh.. so your comment was pointless. Got it

Comment

Don’t get butt hurt…
                        Perhaps if you told us why you think he is qualified to run it that might help make some headway here?

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                          Perhaps if you told us why you think he is qualified to run it that might help make some headway here?
                          I think his career speaks for itself.

Comment

I think his career speaks for itself.

Well it doesn’t!
                            You’ve offered nothing else....
                            I guess you think everyone who served 20 years in the military is more than qualified to run the NRA just on their military career alone. You even think Kermit the frog could be the head of the NRA. There’s no reasoning with such flawed logic.
                            Last edited by AntlerCollector; 05-16-2022, 05:17 AM.

Comment

I called him a career candidate. He’s never held any office more than two years, but he’s constantly trying to land somewhere.

Isn't that a good thing? After all most of us are in favor of term limits, right?
                              Give him a cpl years at NRA and let him move on again, maybe?

Maybe we need more of our current "politicians" to be "career candidates".

Asking for a friend.....
                              (not necessarily an AW fan, haven't researched him enough yet)

Comment

Well it doesn’t!
                                You’ve offered nothing else....
                                I guess you think everyone who served 20 years in the military is more than qualified to run the NRA just on their military career alone. You even think Kermit the frog could be the head of the NRA. There’s no reasoning with such flawed logic.
                                And you haven’t offered anything on why he wouldn’t be a good replacement…
                                I said Kermit would be better than Wayne…

Comment

Working...
                                X