No announcement yet.

Need Some A/C Advice Before I Call the Repairman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same thing happened to my unit during the first of summer. I cleaned the coils and replaced the filter with no change. I finally called the repair man he told me unit just needed a charge. There has been no problems since.

Comment

Appreciate the help y'all...did everything I can do...hoping it just needs a charge.

Comment

Sitting with the repairman and the verdict isn't good...have a leak in the outdoor unit right at the aluminum coil which apparently can't withstand a torch so it will require a whole new coil. He said that wasn't good news and is getting me a quote.

Sound right to you HVAC folks?

Comment

Originally posted by ww1984 View Post
          A/C repair man came to take a look. said my coils were dirty on the unit in the attic. He has to un-weld it and remove it to clean. $450. Guess that's not too bad. Sound right to yall?
          That's cheap to pull a coil and clean it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sethmac View Post
            Sitting with the repairman and the verdict isn't good...have a leak in the outdoor unit right at the aluminum coil which apparently can't withstand a torch so it will require a whole new coil. He said that wasn't good news and is getting me a quote.

Sound right to you HVAC folks?
            If that is where the leak is he is right. It's not repairable.

Comment

Yeah...he showed me it leaking...its a York unit. House built 2010...hoping its under warranty. Any ballpark prices I can compare his estimate too?

Comment

Working...
              X