Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 14JKURX View Post
    Looks great!
    Going lithium was the best thing I did for my cart.
    It cost more than led acid batteries but the weight savings was well worth it.
    I've seen where some folks take the pack from a Chevy Volts that have 80% life left in them for pretty cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
      I've seen where some folks take the pack from a Chevy Volts that have 80% life left in them for pretty cheap.

You have to be careful with the Volt packs. Most of them aren’t the right voltage and it is dangerous to remove individual packs to lower the voltage to the correct levels.

I used the Nissan Leaf Gen 3 packs for my 48V cart. 2 of the 3P7S modules gives me a voltage of just over 57V at full charge. My controller will shut off at 58V.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Looks Good, but put those cube lights where they are protected, in front or hung under that bow-mount bar.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip-TX View Post
          Looks Good, but put those cube lights where they are protected, in front or hung under that bow-mount bar.
          I tried them several places but I liked the look with them set wider. I have nice wide roads cut on my place.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
            Before it gets that “driven through Mesquite bush look”, I’m tempted to flip it for something that’ll make the 12 mile round trip to my buddies place.
            Let me know if you decide to go this route. Clean lease ride, I've got 2 boys that would be perfect for that don't need to be in a SXS yet

Comment

Originally posted by WillowCity2506 View Post
              Let me know if you decide to go this route. Clean lease ride, I've got 2 boys that would be perfect for that don't need to be in a SXS yet
              If I do it would most likely be a trade attempt. I’ll need something to replace it.

Comment

You must have weak batteries if you can’t make a 12 mile round trip.
                Roy-Pow makes a drop in lithium battery pack with some crazy AH
                Allied also makes some good lithium batteries and you can by a few and still add to if you need more.
                I would go with the largest AH pack I could afford.

Comment

Allied also makes some good lithium batteries and you can by a few and still add to if you need more.

The problem with the drop in lithium packs is the current limitations. I tried to find a drop in solution but they just wouldn’t support the sustained current need with my cart so I did my own.

Comment

Roy-Pow P version works for most carts!
                    Go to Buggies gone wild there is a section about lithium setups.
                    Mine is 72volt and made from Nissan Leaf cells I run 25” Tires and easily get 25 + miles on the pack at the lease more on the street.

Comment

Actually I haven't tested it's duration but 12 miles at 10 miles an hour especially if it's freezing or 110 outside would be a whippin'

Comment

Looks great.

Comment

Nice redo! I would put the roof back on for summer!

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Roy-Pow P version works for most carts!
                            Go to Buggies gone wild there is a section about lithium setups.
                            Mine is 72volt and made from Nissan Leaf cells I run 25” Tires and easily get 25 + miles on the pack at the lease more on the street.

I looked at RoyPow and Extreme Team Carts. Neither could meet my sustained current demands.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                              I looked at RoyPow and Extreme Team Carts. Neither could meet my sustained current demands.

Any pics of what all you did with your cart?

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                                Nice redo! I would put the roof back on for summer!

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
                                I already robbed the roof for my Kioti tractor where it'll do more good.

Comment

Working...
                                X