Brushy Hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brushy Hill

Is Brushy Hill in Sabinal still in operation, see there Web. site has nothing about 2022--2023 season

God Bless
    Bish

Yes. My group will be there 11/18-11/22 in the Kreagor pasture.

Comment

Originally posted by diamonde40 View Post
      Yes. My group will be there 11/18-11/22 in the Kreagor pasture.
      I’ll be leaving when y’all show up. 👍

Comment

Has anybody been to brushy Hill yet? What did the ranch look like? Did you see many deer?

Comment

Any update/reports on BH the last few weeks? Making our annual trip next Sat for a week and wondering.
          Appreciate any info.

Comment

I will be at the ranch Nov 30th.

Comment

Diamond 40, how was the hunt?

Comment

Originally posted by ahunter55 View Post
                Diamond 40, how was the hunt?
                ate: Dec 2007
                Hunt In: Seminole co OK, Navarro co TX

Any luck?

Yesterday, 11:16 PM #4
                diamonde40
                Ten Point

Hunt In: Fife, Texas

It took a couple of days as the moon was coming off of full when we got there for the deer to transition from eating in the dark evening. I eventually had does come to corn but had a doe duck my arrow at 21 yards. All I could do is sit there in awe. We did miss a few hunts due to good morning rain. I really think that it will be a good rut hunt. We were in the Kreagor pasture which the guys that were leaving as we came in said that it had been steadily hunted for the last 2 weeks before we got there. The deer are educated. No deer but we had a good time chasing them.

Comment

I hunted there with my wife from 11/24-11/27 (my 3rd trip). We did 7 sits in existing blinds and saw two deer...one doe and one small 8 point during the day-both in the afternoon. Got 5 shooter bucks on trail cam coming to corn that we put by the blind all between 10PM and midnight on the same night. Was hunting Hog Heaven South. First 2 days and days previous to our arrival were rain and the roads were pure mud...dried out the last two days but the daytime movement was very slow. My wife did arrow the doe but we didn't recover her. Got rained out by a very heavy thunderstorm shortly after the shot that lasted most of the night.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Cravey View Post
                    I hunted there with my wife from 11/24-11/27 (my 3rd trip). We did 7 sits in existing blinds and saw two deer...one doe and one small 8 point during the day-both in the afternoon. Got 5 shooter bucks on trail cam coming to corn that we put by the blind all between 10PM and midnight on the same night. Was hunting Hog Heaven South. First 2 days and days previous to our arrival were rain and the roads were pure mud...dried out the last two days but the daytime movement was very slow. My wife did arrow the doe but we didn't recover her. Got rained out by a very heavy thunderstorm shortly after the shot that lasted most of the night.
                    And I'll add that Pete and Ava bent over backward to make sure we had a great time there and to put us on deer. Just a slow movement window during the day this year.

Comment

Crap...... Sorry you didn't see too much. I'll be down there starting December the 11th, I sure hope things have changed some since then,. should be some bucks beginning to follow some doe around during the daytime , or anytime really

Comment

I'll be there with a group 12/15-12/18.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

goodluck

Comment

Hunting with a group in Hog Haven South 12/13 - 12/18. Looking forward to getting back in the woods with my good friend, visiting with Pete and Ava, and just enjoying the outdoors with some good folks. Of course harvesting a good deer would be great. We'll see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Smvjr1 View Post
                              Hunting with a group in Hog Haven South 12/13 - 12/18. Looking forward to getting back in the woods with my good friend, visiting with Pete and Ava, and just enjoying the outdoors with some good folks. Of course harvesting a good deer would be great. We'll see what happens.
                              What part of hog heaven south are you and your friend hunting in? My buddy and me will be in the south east corner.

Comment

Working...
                              X