• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome deer.

Awesome kid.

Congrats.

Comment

The kids smiles couldn’t get much bigger! Love to see that !

Comment

Congrats on all the kids getting their first deer, y'all are definitely doing it right out there!

Comment

d
          Last edited by BCoop27; 11-22-2022, 02:42 PM.

Comment

My twin brothers niece was able to shoot her first buck as well. This was a buck on our hit list due to his short brow tines. He ended up dressing out at 148lbs….huge body!

We ended up shooting 4 bucks and 3 doe this past week. Hoping to shoot 6 to 7 more doe and three more cull bucks between December through February.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Big sister not to be out done! Can't wait to hear these stories.

Comment

We put out a lot of rice bran, alfalfa, and filled up a cottonseed feeder. All of our corn feeders are running right now but we like to keep our two Krivoman timed protein feeders running this time of year along with having at least one of the cottonseed feeders full. We typically don’t need to have all of this but we didn’t see any acorns on the ground this year and there’s very few forbs and browse available. Hopefully we get the 1.5in of rain they have forecasted for tomorrow and Saturday. I wish I would have broadcasted more winter wheat out into our bigger fields but just didn’t have much time with all of the hunting we did.

Comment

We just got 1.05in of rain in about 20min…lots of runoff!

Comment

My daughter helped me set up a new Spartan cellular game camera. These set ups are sweet! I’ve never had to worry about battery power or changing batteries with the large 12V battery and the 15amp solar panel.

Comment

We had these Mexican White Oaks planted two years ago and they have done well until this fall when a buck decided to make a rub on all 5 of them. Any ideas on what we should do to prevent these from dying? I wasn’t sure if there was some type of protective wrap we should use or not. We would like do try and save these trees so please let me know if you have any ideas.

Comment

Love your place!!

Comment

I would put some tree wound paste compound type stuff to help heal them.

Comment

Tree guard

Comment

Constant Level Pond

We have decided to pull the trigger and drill another water well to help keep our large pond full. Our large pond, when full, is around 2 to 2.5 acres in size but the drought this year has caused the water to drop drastically. We have to drill down far enough and use a 6-inch pipe in order to get the gallons per minute we need to fill this pond and keep it full. The large pond is very deep and has never gone completely dry, even during the 2011 drought. When it's full, it is around 25ft deep. This kind of depth doesn't make it a great pond for fishing but if we can keep the water level constant then we can provide structure for the forage fish in the 3ft to 12ft depth spots and try to grow some trophy bass. We will be removing all of the current structure and looking at adding new structure so please let us know if any of you have any ideas on what structure to use or if you have any experience with this.

Our goal is to hopefully have the water well drilled in February/March. We will have a dozer come out to make a path for the water line along with clearing some other cedars. Once the water line is in place and pumping, my brothers, dad, and I will be building our own fishing dock. I'll be sure to include pictures and updates as we go through this process.

We are planning on broadcasting Turner Seed's Forb Mix in all of the areas that we doze this year to help increase the number of quality forbs. I've broadcasted native forb/grass mixes in the past and they have done extremely well but now we want to focus more on forb growth that will benefit deer, turkey, and quail.

Comment

I am assuming y’all have great groundwater there? Would it be a option for y’all to use the river and run poly pipe on top of the ground ? That’s what we did and it worked for us. Looks like ur bigger pond is roughly 8 tenths of a mile to the river. 2” black used poly was what we used. Just a thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X