No announcement yet.

Gleaton Chip Ranch Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That buck is a stud!! Keep feeding that sucker and rolling the dice!

Comment

I called in a male coyote this morning and shot it next to our house. It was a wild hunt!

I went ahead and broadcasted 3 acres worth of wheat hoping that the 3/4in of rain happens tomorrow. If it doesn’t rain, oh well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I set up snares on 3 new dig outs I found during my day trip at the ranch today.

Comment

Dang I hate those things !!! Good job . I deal with them to at my Mckavett place. Pretty coat on him.

Comment

We ended up getting an inch of rain this morning. Maybe the winter wheat will end of up growing. I’m glad we decided to throw out something this fall. Now I’m wishing I would have planted all 8 acres instead of 3.5acres.

Comment

You look pretty smart getting that wheat out! Deer will love you in January.

I scratched in some Turner seed mix yesterday. 1.5” this morning so far.
              Previously planted plots were looking weak. Hope this rain helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                You look pretty smart getting that wheat out! Deer will love you in January.

I scratched in some Turner seed mix yesterday. 1.5” this morning so far.
                Previously planted plots were looking weak. Hope this rain helps.
                It was all luck. I wasn't planning on planting at all. In fact, I just purchased 300lbs for our 3-acre field and thought that one of us would spread it over the next 30 days or so but my brother told me about the rain chance and we were able to get it done and mother nature finally blessed with some good rain. We have received 1.15in total for the day. I'm glad to hear that you were also able to get some rain!

Comment

Next weekend looking promising for rain as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Droptine3030 View Post
                    Next weekend looking promising for rain as well.
                    It would be great if we can get some more rain this weekend but it appears the rain chances are dwindling for our part of the state.

Comment

We caught two more coyotes this past week in the snares.

Comment

Gotta stay after those suckers!!! It is amazing how many you find when you get after snaring in a HF!!!!!

Comment

We got 0.82-in of rain this morning. We’ve gotten 1.95in since we broadcasted the winter wheat last month. Hopefully we will see some green growing in the field over Thanksgiving.

Comment

I always like it when we get more than we were expecting! Neighbor had 0.6”, hoping we got the same!
                            Once you get some sunny days I bet you’ll have some green!

Comment

Good for you
                              .5” in Blanket.
                              My Turner seed mixes were up and they should really kick now

Have you checked your tanks for runoff ?

BP

Comment

Originally posted by bgleaton View Post

We caught two more coyotes this past week in the snares.

We are just a few miles north of you and the coyotes have been bad the last few years and are getting worse fast.. We will be after them hard from here on out.. I can remember years ago when we never heard one or saw one, not even tracks.

Comment

Working...
                                X