Rehoming Jack Russell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rehoming Jack Russell

Well the time has come....Looking to re-home our JRT, "Scout." He's not going to fit every home and that unfortunately is why we have to get rid of him. This morning he bit or 1.5 year old. No one saw exactly what happened. My daughter had a ball in her hand and i'm sure she went to hug him or possibly fell on him and he nipped. Right below the eye, but broke skin and gave some bruising. To say I feel bad about it is an understatement. I'm not taking another chance so he has to go.

The good - Hi is very lovable. His favorite thing is to be with you wherever you go. He will ride with you pretty much everywhere and cuddle up at the end of the day. Has some good tracking instincts, though I have never got him on an actual blood trail. I think he would pick it right up if he had the opportunity. Still pretty young, he'll be 4 this month.

The bad - He does get jealous. If you have very little ones I obviously wouldn't recommend him. For a family with older kids he would be just fine. He doesn't play too well with dogs smaller than him and likes to chase chickens, cats etc... This is not necessarily a bad trait, but he has a TON of energy. I work from home and play ball with him multiple times a day and he always wants to play more. He will jog with me 3+ miles and not get tired. He needs room to run. For that reason I wouldn't recommend him to anyone who isn't going to be able to give him some space and or be able to play with him often.

Let me know if you are interested and I will be more than happy to do a trial run with you. If he fits, great. If not, i'll take him back and find another place for him.

couple pics - I can send more if interested.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hoping a Forever home comes up for Scout!

Comment

You can also try jack Russell rescue. They have a website

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good looking pup! I don’t think I could keep up with 2 of them though! Good luck finding him a new home.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My brother is looking for another (already has 3). How can he contact you?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Disregard, I misunderstood him.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Tough call, but doing the right thing. Good luck with finding him the right home!

Comment

Thanks for the bumps guys. If anyone is interested just let me know. No strings attached if it doesn’t work out I can take him back. Just want him to have the right place. Gonna look into the JRT rescue too but that would probably be my last option.

Comment

Is he still "intact"?

PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                      Is he still "intact"?

PM me.
                      Nope he’s been fixed

Comment

Originally posted by Stickslinger92 View Post
                        Nope he’s been fixed
                        Might be why he's biting. I got "fixed" yesterday and have found myself a bit irritable.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
                          Might be why he's biting. I got "fixed" yesterday and have found myself a bit irritable.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk
                          Lmao.

Comment

Nope he’s been fixed
                            Well dang!!!! Heck I would be biting too!

Comment

Nope he’s been fixed
                              When our male cat found out his did not work anymore he turned into a fighter.........

Comment

Working...
                              X