Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to bypass getting a sleep study to obtain a good CPAP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to bypass getting a sleep study to obtain a good CPAP?

Seems like I only snore when I’m really tired. Would like to avoid buying anything off Craigslist. Never really intended to drive a tractor trailer full time but the money for doing heavy hauls across states is hard to pass up. Plus I get to work with a great guy I’m related to.

I didn't think they were all the same, I think some put out more pressure than others. But I'm not sure.

Comment

The pressure is adjustable on these machines and need to be "studied" so you can have the correct pressure for your needs. Its not a one pressure fits all deal. I wouldn't guess on something like that myself, because too much pressure can have some adverse affects or at least that is what I was told........and not enough won't fix anything. They make them with monitoring cards so the doctor can do it remotely but again that's technically a sleep study.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        The pressure is adjustable on these machines and need to be "studied" so you can have the correct pressure for your needs. Its not a one pressure fits all deal. I wouldn't guess on something like that myself, because too much pressure can have some adverse affects or at least that is what I was told........and not enough won't fix anything. They make them with monitoring cards so the doctor can do it remotely but again that's technically a sleep study.
        Ok thanks. Makes sense. Just have a lot to juggle at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Katsaregood View Post
          Seems like I only snore when I’m really tired. Would like to avoid buying anything off Craigslist. Never really intended to drive a tractor trailer full time but the money for doing heavy hauls across states is hard to pass up. Plus I get to work with a great guy I’m related to.
          You might want to talk with your dentist they have some devices
          That helps with snoring

Comment

If its just snoring you dont need a CPAP. Ask folks around you. They will tell you if you stop breathing for long periods of time and are crazy loud when you start breathing again.

Snore guard from a dentist may do the trick.

Comment

Ebay, classifieds, Craigs List.

People buy them all the time and don’t use them.

Mask and cables can be purchased and put together with a prescription.

Comment

Its not the smart thing to do, BUT as stated above EBAY, craigslist, local garage sales and such. Start low and work up. Just google how to adjust the pressure

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
                  Its not the smart thing to do, BUT as stated above EBAY, craigslist, local garage sales and such. Start low and work up. Just google how to adjust the pressure
                  Sounds like buying drugs off the sleeziest guy on the street....I would agree with Smart on this situation, let the pros do their job

Comment

Get an auto cpap and it will adjust what you need.

Comment

I bought one on here.. been working great once I got it dialed in!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        This^^^ Talk to you local Doc. They can do it all from your own bed VIA cell phone. Sleep apnea is nothing to ignore.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                          This^^^ Talk to you local Doc. They can do it all from your own bed VIA cell phone. Sleep apnea is nothing to ignore.
                          This is how my sleep study was done! Super easy, just put it on and go to sleep! Sleep apnea can cause heart disease so you may not want to chance that!

Personally, I wouldn’t want to use someone else’s machine unless it has been serviced by a medical supply store.

Comment

Originally posted by Brown County Man View Post
                            Get an auto cpap and it will adjust what you need.
                            Even autos need setup with min and max pressures by a DR.

OP. If you think you have a problem go let the Dr figure it out. This isn’t something you can just try to wing it.

Comment

I gave one away on here a month or so ago. I’ve got another older one you can have if you want. It’s probably set on 15. Which is about the halfway to higher point. It’s a big bulky one. I can make sure it turns on before I ship it.

You’d want to buy your own mask. Lots of places you can buy them online without a prescriptions you just buy mask and headgear “separately”. I like the ones that I can still wear glasses and read with it on. For falling asleep and not worrying about having it on.

Let me know if you want it.

I’d sure advise you to take the sleep study or even the home sleep study test. It’s a life changer if it’s setup right.

Walt.

Comment

Working...
                              X