No announcement yet.

Looking to buy a drone - advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You did it right. The fly more is the way to go. I'd suggest you add the Nanuk 915 case to your arsenal. I think it makes your drone easier to access which will make you willing to get it out and fly it. I got one for Christmas and love it!

Comment

I ordered a similar one. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

M.C. and I are going to Turks & Caicos in May for our 30th anniversary. I'm going a little overboard on camera gear probably. But it's a beautiful place. Gonna take my 6D and the Air 2. I'm probably gonna get a GoPro 9 for underwater stuff. Also ordered a GDome for underwater cell phone pics/video with cool split shot capabilities (under and above water).

https://getgdome.com?aff=766

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5V569VhMaI"]Introducing the GDOME MOBILE - The worlds first universal dome system for smartphones​! - YouTube[/ame]

I'm also planning to take my fly rod and a box full of bonefish flies. I hope there's some extra room in the overhead bin on the plane!
      Last edited by Shane; 03-17-2021, 08:28 PM.

Comment

You are almost set. Make a little room for a change of undies and you're good!

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
          You are almost set. Make a little room for a change of undies and you're good!
          Commando photography is the new thing.

Comment

I never should have opened this thread.... I was dead set on getting one a few months ago, then I talked myself out of it. Now after seeing your stills Casey I think I’ve been bit by the bug again...

Comment

I have a Mavic Air I'd sell or trade, lost interest in using it.

Comment

Hey Shane, have you taken the drone out for a test drive yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
                  I never should have opened this thread.... I was dead set on getting one a few months ago, then I talked myself out of it. Now after seeing your stills Casey I think I’ve been bit by the bug again...

Wait a little bit. DJI has a new drone “Air 2S” coming out soon that has some good upgrades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah, I've flown it a few times. Nothing special as far as views for video or photos. But I've enjoyed learning how to fly it. Pretty easy. Looking forward to a chance to take it out into some photogenic landscapes.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                      Yeah, I've flown it a few times. Nothing special as far as views for video or photos. But I've enjoyed learning how to fly it. Pretty easy. Looking forward to a chance to take it out into some photogenic landscapes.
                      If that’s all you need, then come on out to my very photogenic place north of Merkel!! We all know how pretty it is on that side of town haha

Comment

If that’s all you need, then come on out to my very photogenic place north of Merkel!! We all know how pretty it is on that side of town haha
                        A good West Texas sunset is always good. I just haven't had time to mess with it yet when it wasn't too windy.

Comment

I just got the mavic mini 2 and so far I’m really liking it. It doesn’t have the range as the bigger ones but so far I’ve been impressed with the pics and video quality.

Comment

Please let us know what you got!

Comment

I'm not an expert, but I can suggest visiting phantompilots com and mavicpilots com. These two sites are for drone users. I'm sure, you'll find much useful info and advice there.

Comment

I bought one like Casey's after he came out last November and did the video he posted above. I love playing with it. And if you do crash it while watching a tutorial I found a great place to get it repaired in Frisco, Drones Plus.
                                While I was at Drones Plus they told me DJI is coming out with NV

Comment

Working...
                                X