No announcement yet.

The 2021 Thermal and Night Vision Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody know if an external battery pak can be used with the AGM Taipan?
    If so where do you get one?

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
      My Wraith 4K max came today. Now for the learning curve. I did turn it on and image is crystal clear in daylight and color is natural but vivid. Waiting for night to get here. Meanwhile charging the internal battery and figuring out which gun it goes best with. Menu's gonna take some learning but I think once the proper settings are made it will a matter of just hitting the on button.
      still waiting on mine and hoping i'll be on this batch .. it's getting scary , we both got a taipan , wraith 4k (well eventually) and live in Euless ... small world!

there is a good video on youtube on the 4k menu, definitely more complicated than the last model ... some videos on youtube are starting to surface, so hopefully they will keep trickling in .. they must got that evergreen ship unstuck .. yeah i know the shipments to America don't take that route ... it was just a funny!

Comment

Anybody know if an external battery pak can be used with the AGM Taipan?
        If so where do you get one?
        I wouldn't if i were you .. unless you get that 3d printed deal that fits on it first and protects the connection cable .. that mini usb3 won't last long in the field getting bumped around ... but if you must , i've had good luck with anker power packs .. nothing proprietary about it , just usb !

if you get into the habit on just hitting a quick bump on the power button when not looking through it , that should save the internal battery some ... i use that quite a bit, it turns off the screen .. quick hit again brings it back
        Last edited by imyomama; 04-02-2021, 11:53 AM.

Comment

I also put it on a neck lanyard , so i can just let go of it and grab my rifle without loosing precious seconds putting it away

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
            I wouldn't if i were you .. unless you get that 3d printed deal that fits on it first and protects the connection cable .. that mini usb3 won't last long in the field getting bumped around ... but if you must , i've had good luck with anker power packs .. nothing proprietary about it , just usb !

if you get into the habit on just hitting a quick bump on the power button when not looking through it , that should save the internal battery some ... i use that quite a bit, it turns off the screen .. quick hit again brings it back
            Since I figured out how to link it to my cell phone I'm sure my battery is gonna get killed sooner than later.

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
              yeah , hey look , like I said i'm ok with that. ... but imagine spending 4 grands on a scope and finding this out ... thinking this is a large company with R&D , manufacturing , and full blown channels of support network... only to find out it's a suite in the middle of nowhere with one car in the parking lot... maybe they will make it , i hope they do ! i hope my second one lasts more than a week.. just letting people know what they are getting themselves into... don't shoot the messenger ... this is just an observation, and i do like my taipan .. i'll be using the crap out of it this year ... we'll see how it holds up!
              Yeah I agree, I think most people would be ok with it...I guess a 3 year warranty would be better than having 2 of them and no warranty at all.
              I spent way more than I wanted to and ordered a n-vision halo-x, the ceo (or some big wig) posts on snipers hide and helps anyone who needs it, seems like pretty good customer service. I was never huge on the buy American stuff but after covid, and working in a major hospital, seeing so many people die, alone, horribly...I’m in a real F China mood now.

Comment

Since I figured out how to link it to my cell phone I'm sure my battery is gonna get killed sooner than later.
                I ran mine last weekend for 2 hours on wifi and it didn't even budge from full ..

I screwed a tripod base ton a board to get steady footage .. and recorded on my phone .. worked surprisingly well .. posted a vid on it a few threads back i think [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X8bvZ-dTJk&ab_channel=standbackitsgonnablo"]AGM Taipan T-vision software to iphone recording - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
                  A few things come to mind...first off, there is a 25-30% Trump tariff on these imports. AGM air freights all these optics to get them here and that is VERY expensive. It costs a lot of money to run a business in the United States and it also costs a whole lot to provide a 3 year warranty and customer service.

I'd welcome anyone who'd like to import and sell thermal optics for $800-$900/each to hire employees, buy/rent a warehouse and offices, build a dealer network, provide customer service and offer a 3 year warranty. I know a businessman in our industry who looked into bringing in thermals and starting a company like this and it was going to cost him over $1.5 million cash up front to even get the ball rolling before they sold the first optic. This sort of thing isn't for the feint of heart. Several years ago I toyed with the idea of bringing in some smaller accessories and having them customized etc. I realized that if I wasn't doubling my money (gross) there was no way to make a real (net) profit.

Trust me, if someone could bring in the same product of the same quality, offer the same service and same warranty, still make a good profit and sell it for 50% of the current price, they'd do it and corner the market.

Just my 2 cents!
                  As always, well said Jason.

Comment

Hope this video goes over better than my last. Ended up with a bobcat and fox from my hunt last night so I added in the kill videos from a couple of weeknds back to it.

For whatever reason all varmints have been responding well to a cottontail in distress more than any other call.

Comment

All I have to say is I’m loving the Super Hogster! Impressive thermal and all I need!

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                        All I have to say is I’m loving the Super Hogster! Impressive thermal and all I need!
                        Did you put a video recorder on it? Curious to hear how much worse the picture is on the video recorders vs through the screen.

Comment

Built in recording but no audio. Very clear and easy to download to your phone. I’ve got some kill shots on video but waiting to upload.

Comment

Armadillo 175-180 yds out
                            Attached Files

Comment

Skunk 100yds
                              Attached Files

Comment

Easter Bunny explosion! Must watch

Very Graphic
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...