2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
    I put a couple hours on it today so it'll be ready to fish the next few days. During break in you open it up wide open one minute after every ten minutes of running 4500 rpms and below. So I opened it up a few times but trimmed down and pushing hard as I was instructed to do. Then after I got over 2 hours on it I opened it up, trimmed it up and lifted the motor up a couple inches on the jackplate. I saw 64.5 mph solid and it got as high as 65.7 mph for a short bit here and there. I didn't open it up long enough to really play with settings or anything but that gives you a pretty good idea. That was with 70 gallons of gas, 40 pounds of ice, half a livewell full of water, 5 batteries, and all my fishing stuff. So other than being just 1 person it was my regular full load. So far I am pretty pleased with it.
    That's impressive.

Lightly loaded I bet it would push 70 once broke in and the right ripple

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

No trolling motors available right now. I ordered and paid for one, just waiting for some to come in. It's not quite as big of a deal as it is in freshwater but they definitely help catch more fish. I hope Minn Kota gets some product out soon. I sure need it.

Typically my GPS stays in the cradle all the time. I only remove it when I am on the road because I worry about stopping somewhere to eat or get gas and having someone steal it.
      I have a spare 36V Minn Kota sitting in my shop at home you can use until yours comes in. It's a tiller style, just need someone to get it to you if interested.

Comment

Impressive Glenn! That is a super rig. I hope the becoming the fishing bum works out!!

Comment

I figured it'd get it with that 350. What's the cruise speed in the sweet RPM range?

Comment

Flat fish Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

She is definitely not a flat fish!!!!

[emoji106][emoji106]

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Something tells me thats a good paddle tail

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                  Something tells me thats a good paddle tail

Chartreuse... gotta be what made it bite...

Comment

Nice!!!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                      I figured it'd get it with that 350. What's the cruise speed in the sweet RPM range?
                      37ish mph at 3500 to 42ish mph at 4000 rpms Looks like in that range. Loaded light it runs a couple mph faster than the rpms. Today with guys, full fuel, full livewell, full fishing load it ran about square, 35 at 3500, 40 at 4000.

And it caught fish...

Comment

******, that's perfect and I dig the easy reference. My boat is 40 at WOT. lol

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                          I have a spare 36V Minn Kota sitting in my shop at home you can use until yours comes in. It's a tiller style, just need someone to get it to you if interested.
                          Dang, thank you. That's a kind offer. If I get to the point where I am in a bind for it I'll let you know.

Comment

Dang, thank you. That's a kind offer. If I get to the point where I am in a bind for it I'll let you know.
                            I'll bring it to you if you decide you need it. I know right where it is.

Comment

I’m honor of Glen’s new boat and the fact that he doesn’t have his trolling motor yet, I figured I would post a picture showing what the trolling motor will look like.

I do realize that is a Terrova and not an Ulterra, but that’s not the point. [emoji6]

Trolling motor Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by Mayhem; 03-27-2021, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Do you fish those weightless or swim them on a jig head?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X