No announcement yet.

Everybody needs one of these

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well pop off frozen. Blew up a 15yo water heater... you guessed it. Nobody candi anything

Comment

Thought about switching to chickens?

Comment

Originally posted by Preacher Man View Post
        Thought about switching to chickens?
        Milking chickens? Never heard of such a thing

OP Praying for you.

Comment

When my dad finally cry’s uncle... I never want to see another animal of any species that depends on me.... EVER

Comment

I heard bulls are easier to milk. Maybe try that?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers up for You. Sad to hear this.

Comment

I have a friend that grew up on his family's dairy, hard work! He now has a cattle ranch and doesn't miss the dairy, but misses the regular checks. Your hard work helps a lot of people, Thank You!

Comment

Originally posted by paycheck View Post
                  milking chickens? Never heard of such a thing

op praying for you.
                  lol!!!!

Comment

I grew up on a dairy. Every time it snows or we have a hard freeze, my wife always asks me if I'm glad I'm not milking cows still. The answer is always the same. I feel for you brother. I remember one year the milk truck couldn't make it to the dairy for over a week. AMPI had us dump everything the tank wouldn't hold and they paid us (partial I'm sure, and they probably got it all back eventually) for what we dumped. I think what I hated most about weather like this is there was always those 4 or 5 cows that would be as far from the barn as they could get and would NEVER come in with the herd. I'm not bitter, but I still hate those hussies.

Comment

Riding the struggle bus...

Literally loosing my mind! I’ve toted 40 gallons of fuel today in EPA approved containers that spill 59% on you... cause it’s better that way. At -4 degrees I still froze up this evening.

2 calves born, both didn’t make it before I could get to them. I learned (have theory) that when it snows the cows can’t see their trails and landmarks... basically they are blind. Driving them is almost impossible. 1 that calved was a heifer that was just brought over a few weeks ago... yea I can’t get her up after 45 minutes

Chopped 5 ponds, broke 1 axe handle. Got one main trough thawed! I’ve manually filled that 7’ trough 6 times today

Wash system drained... like it’s supposed to. But ended up on “drip she’d”. Which turned into an ice skating rink. Salt fixed that

Calf barn electric heater stopped for some reason last night. Cold water at sink is now slow leaking at connection. This evening the diesel heater got low enough to shut off... but not stop blowing diesel. Fogged while calf barn with a diesel mist. Wonderful!!!

Water heater leaking due to over pressure from frozen pop off valve

But I’m home now and safe with running water and power. Getting ready for round 2

.... and dumped another days worth down the drain. Cause professional drivers can’t drive on what I’ve drove 200 miles on in 2 days

I can’t get to town because road is blocked by 2 civilians that got a winch for Christmas trying to recover a truck that is completely out of the way and safe. They have literally ruined travel for dozens. And last I heard still working on it. He did have a cute snorkel on his land rover though....

Comment

Thanks to all for well wishes and prayers. Several even called and some have checked in. It doesn’t go unnoticed

Just venting

Comment

Dang...Hope things get better for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                            Low voltage at water pump. Nobody can get here.... milk trucking company said they can’t get here for 2 days minimum. So all this will be to dump all our work into the lagoon
                            i dont even know what to say...feelin bad for ya...truly!

Comment

Dang brother, if I was close, I would do my best. Will be up your way in a couple of months on Tawok and will look you up to buy you a beer. I know that does nothing now.

Comment

Dang man! Hoping tomorrow is better for you

Comment

Working...
                                X