No announcement yet.

** Academy $29 Dollar Muddy Trail Cams **

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up a Tasco, interested in seeing how the little $30 camera works.

Comment

I thought the daytime & night time pictures were great for a $29 camera. The pictures at dusk & dawn are a little washed out.

Comment

Ended up returning one of the two cameras I bought. It would not read any of the brand new SD cards I had.

Put out the second camera and it has worked as it should. Takes pretty good pics.

Only issue, and I don’t necessarily think it’s a camera issue is right at daylight, I’m guessing the moisture is fogging the lens. Pictures come out blurry until sun is up.

Comment

Another one I would recommend that I have found in-store at Walmart is a Tasco 8MP for $28. Picked up one of these to put on public land in a spot that we thought it might get stolen. This thing is surprisingly good!

Each week I have checked it, there are at least 1500 pictures and all of them are deer. Doesn't take pics of the wind blowing like some more expensive ones that I have. I would say that this low-cost Tasco outperforms some of my $70 StealthCam.

After this season, I want to put them on the same tree for a side-by-side comparison that way the lighting, motions, etc are all the same for both cameras.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Tasco-8MP...-Glow/55614224
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Dirty Kev; 10-02-2020, 11:16 AM. Reason: Added link to camera

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
            The $28 tasco at walmart is by far my favorite trail cam I have ever had and I have spent as much as $200 on them. I currently have 4 of them. Two are 3 years old and going strong. they stay out 365 days a year and I dont even know how many pics on one set of batteries, I had one out from jan to july and it had 15k pics it is still out on same batteries and has at lest 2k more pics and is still going strong. also they have great pic quality, plenty good to get a good look at animals
            I'll second that about the $28 Tasco!

Comment

Ttt... I bought 3 of these last year and 2 are still working perfect. Academy in Pasadena has a bunch of them I'm stock right now. Still 29 bucks!

Comment

Bought 3 nice brownings and 3 tascos. The brownings are all toast after two years and the tascos are still ticking. I put the brownings up near the roads so people can see them and leave the working tascos hidden. Night range is maybe not as far and fast movement is sometimes a blur but all in all for the money they work. I thought one of the tascos was stolen but found it a week later about 150 yards down a trail. When i put the card on the pc it showed pictures of a cows chest and chin that had chewed the strap and carried the camera off. New strap the tasco is back on the job. JMHO

Comment

The second camera I had out lasted a couple of months then crapped out. Stopped taking pictures.

The ones it did take were nice and clear except for right at daylight. I’m guessing the humidity.

Have seen a bunch at academy lately. And may end up getting a few more with season around the corner.

I have yet to see the Walmart Tasco Walmart cameras mentioned. Otherwise I’d try them.

Comment

They are good cameras for the price
                    If we could just keep the bastage
                    Wood peckers off of them
                    Hate them with a passion

Comment

I grabbed one this week. Seems to take good pictures in the yard so I’m putting it out this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought 10 last year. All worked flawless. Long battery life and all prob took 10000 pics last season. So I bought 8 more this year.

Comment

My Walmart sucks and don’t carry these Tascos.

I’ve got two of the Muddys I picked up last year and have yet to use. We’ll see how they do when I come back next week.

Comment

Does anyone know if the Muddy camera has a delay?

Comment

I will check Hv tomorrow, they had a bunch earlier in the week.

Comment

I have the cellular muddy cam. It’s 26mp. Not a super happy camper with it. Lot’s of controls & settings, but mine took a crap and won’t send me pics correctly ever since the memory card got full. Basically, I had deer all day & pigs all night and my card got full. I deleted all the pics, but the camera still thinks is “full” and out of memory. It’s a mess. Would not recommend if you live far away from your lease, cause I probably need to press the manual sync button on the camera to fix it, but it’s 2.5 hours away.

Comment

Working...
                                X