Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

What broadhead did you use on your first bow kill...Trip down memory lane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thunderhead 125. Zapped a Yearling doe through the lungs and she sprayed blood everywhere for a short 50 yard track.

Comment

The maroon ferrule Satellites, Easton 2117 XX75 gamegetters, and a Bear Whitetail Hunter from Kmart. It was the one that was brown with the metallic in it, and of course the funky roller arms on the riser. I remember having a couple arrows in my (loose!) quiver that were silver aluminum on the last 10-12”, cuz the anodized green was worn off from shootin em so much. I was an early teen, the draw length was prob 3-4” too long, and arrows were full length. Remember having to figure out a way to hit where I wanted cuz the sight pin wouldn’t screw out far enough to the left. Made a small loop in the end of about a 4” piece of balin wire, put the loop behind the sight pin outside nut, bent the wire out past (way past!) the actual sight, and trimmed the wire in SHORT bits with cutters till I got er in the middle. That dang piece of balin wire stuck out bout 3” or better to the left of the sight window! Had to pay attention that I didn’t bend it! Course I’d just bend it back, cuz I knew bout where it was supposed to be. Just shot bare fingers, no glove. But I hit where I put the tip, arrows prob flying like tomahawks, and killed my first buck (no does back then) in 1982. Still remember it clear as the day it happened! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Satellite 125 gr 4 blade with a Bear Polar LTD shooting instinct with 3 finger leather glove. Pure awesomeness back in the day!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Bear Razorhead on homemade cedar arrow. A basket rack 6 from Llano. '71 I think. Never one for pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
            Savora. The year was 1978. The bow was a Bear Whitetail II , Easton aluminum arrow with feathers. The sight was no more than brass screws with a rectangular "guard" No release, I used a calf hair tab. Them wuz the days !
            With the exception of the bow, this is me exactly. 1978 I had a PSE Pacer with a finger tab, steel pin sites with retangular guard and shot 100 grain three blade Savora,s. I still have five of em that I’ve kept in oil all these years. I think my bow was 46 or 50” long. Looked like a barge. Man seems like a lifetime ago!

Comment

100 grain Magnus Stinger, no bleeders, that looked like an old Indian arrowhead.

Comment

Thunderhead 125

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

3 blade 125gr Satellite broadhead in 1981
                  Last edited by ShaBow; 08-27-2021, 04:35 PM.

Comment

3 blade 100gr Thunderhead xx75 Easton camohunter arrow.
                    PSE carroll marauder bow with bowdoodle rest and pendulum sight. LOL. I was probably 13 years old and it was a spike. I thought it was a doe but spike in velvet.
                    Thwack!!

Comment

Muzzy

Comment

100 gr. Thunderhead.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Muzzy 100 gr 3 blade, turkey 2004

Comment

Slick Tricks 100. First and every one since then. I just never get a fail with them.

Comment

125 grain muzzy in 1993.
                              It was a basket 10 pt. In Magnolia, TX.
                              I forgot my release that morning and made a perfect heart shot with fingers at 21 yards.
                              I was talking all kinds of **** back at camp about how I didn’t need a release. Nocked an arrow and shot at the target on a hay bale we had at camp and missed the whole dam thing…
                              I got lucky, but I will never forget that hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                My first animal was actually a Corsican ram from the famed YO Ranch around 1980ish ranch....spot and stalk....and some "see and run"..

Killed with a 50lb Indian bow, aluminum arrow, three fingers glove, armguard with velcro straps and a Bear Super Razorhead with the super duper "bleeder blades"..

[ATTACH]874810[/ATTACH]

Unfortunately this is the only pic I still have of the hunt. I'm second from the left trying to let my middle brother drag his catalina in. Hoping like heck that my parents have pics stashed somewhere.

[ATTACH]874811[/ATTACH]

This was my Dad the year before with the setup he gave to me for my hunt the next year. He never killed another animal with a bow. He preferred his guns.

[ATTACH]874812[/ATTACH]
                                Sponsored by Miller lite!
                                Love the old pics.

Comment

Working...
                                X