Back porch ceiling fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
    Can you give a part number? Website shows only the 96” Colossus and when I messaged they verified the 72” had been discontinued

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
      I am not seeing a Colossus 60”

Comment

Yes they make the size, just not in the Colossos series.

Comment

Yes they make the size, just not in the Colossos series.
          You are right. It moves enough air for my application but not enough for a decent porch. Bit dissapointed.................

Comment

This is the one I’m going to try.

17,375 CFM should keep the bugs off!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              This. We have 2 of them (72” & 96”) and they will move some air.

There is a minimum mounting height on them so be aware. Our 96” is mounted at about 8’ and it doesn’t feel like it moves near as much air as the 72” that’s mounted at 14’.

Whatever you decide to get make sure you don’t get the wood (sawdust) or “polymer” blades or they will be dropping badly in the first summer. The Craftmade Collosus has aluminum blades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              We bought a 72" 6 blade from Overstock.com for our shop. It is rated right at 10,000 CFM. The shop stays pretty comfortable in the summer even on the hottest days if we keep the overhead doors closed. I am sure we will run it during the summer, but I really got it for wintertime. We have a 16' metal ceiling with R-50 blown in insulation. We have a 125,000 BTU propane fired shop heater mounted on the ceiling in the corner of the shop. It blows diagonally across the shop. The heater discharges the air at about 30" from the ceiling. Even with the fins pointed down most of the warm air ends up at ceiling height at the opposite corner of the shop. The temperature at the ceiling in the opposite corner and up on the loft will be 80 degrees with the Tstat set on 50. It takes quite awhile of run time to heat the shop (especially when the outside temp is in the single digits or lower). I am hoping the ceiling fan will move some of this warm air downward. If it does it will pay for itself quickly in propane savings. I picked up a 48" down rod at Menards. All the charts I have seen recommend that the fan should be lowered with high ceilings. After seeing your comment about your fan at 14' moving more air I am rethinking the down rod length.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                We bought a 72" 6 blade from Overstock.com for our shop. It is rated right at 10,000 CFM. The shop stays pretty comfortable in the summer even on the hottest days if we keep the overhead doors closed. I am sure we will run it during the summer, but I really got it for wintertime. We have a 16' metal ceiling with R-50 blown in insulation. We have a 125,000 BTU propane fired shop heater mounted on the ceiling in the corner of the shop. It blows diagonally across the shop. The heater discharges the air at about 30" from the ceiling. Even with the fins pointed down most of the warm air ends up at ceiling height at the opposite corner of the shop. The temperature at the ceiling in the opposite corner and up on the loft will be 80 degrees with the Tstat set on 50. It takes quite awhile of run time to heat the shop (especially when the outside temp is in the single digits or lower). I am hoping the ceiling fan will move some of this warm air downward. If it does it will pay for itself quickly in propane savings. I picked up a 48" down rod at Menards. All the charts I have seen recommend that the fan should be lowered with high ceilings. After seeing your comment about your fan at 14' moving more air I am rethinking the down rod length.

Mike my ceilings are vaulted and are 17’6” to the peak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

A handsome oil-rubbed bronze extra large ceiling fan from Casa Vieja brand that comes with a handy remote control. 72" blade span. 15-degree blade pitch. 188 x 25 mm motor size. Canopy is 5 1/4" wide x 2 1/4" high. Oil-rubbed bronze finish motor. Three oil-rubbed bronze finish blades. Style #9T628 at Lamps Plus.

I have two of these on my back porch and they move quite a bit of air. They have Low, Medium and High speeds and I rarely need to use the High setting, with two of them they seriously move some air.

I got them in October of 2017 and just this year one of them started not working on the medium setting. I don't assume outdoor fans will last more than 4-5 years though.

Comment

Originally posted by Avid Hunter View Post
                    Moves a lot of air. I also have 2 misting fans on a high pressure pump that work wonders and cool the area down significantly.
                    One thing to note, this is not a "blow you hat off" type of fan. It is a Low Speed High Volume. It circulates large amounts at a time Efficiently.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                      Buy once...cry once.
                      I'm typically on this train but I aint buying a $2k ceiling fan unless it comes with dancin' girls

Comment

https://www.craftmadelightinglights....wnd78esp6.html

I'm curious to hear how it works. The cfm rating looks sufficient.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

https://www.craftmadelightinglights....wnd78esp6.html

That one seems sufficient!

Comment

Originally posted by Avid Hunter View Post
                            One thing to note, this is not a "blow you hat off" type of fan. It is a Low Speed High Volume. It circulates large amounts at a time Efficiently.

And that’s exactly the goal, air movement without having to hold your hat!

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                                Buy once...cry once.
                                I cried. I ordered a 8' and 2 50" big *** fans for my front and back porches. Waiting on them to arrive.

Hoping they are as nice and work as well as the reviews and as I am expecting.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X